• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you water-cool, VOTE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

If you water-cool, VOTE

• 25/75% antifreeze(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 118 12.3%
  • 10/90% antifreeze(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 255 26.6%
  • 5/95% antifreeze(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 77 8.0%
  • Zerex super protector(or equivalent) @ manufacturers recommended concentration.

Votes: 64 6.7%
  • 10/90% Zerex super protector(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Windshield washer fluid.

Votes: 10 1.0%
  • Water Wetter(or equivalent) @ manufacturers recommended concentration.

Votes: 80 8.3%
  • 5/95% Water Wetter(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 74 7.7%
  • plain distilled water

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • Any of the above with bleach or any other biocide. OR OTHER PLEASE LIST BELOW!

Votes: 83 8.6%

• Total voters
Well, I guess some people can ignore our advice. I'd prefer: Distilled + PT Nuke PHN, Distilled + Silver Kill Coil and I don't listen to smart people. :p

Thanks guys, I'm here all night.

Seriously though, modern options I can think of, whether I like them or not:

• Distilled Water + PT Nuke PHN
  • Distilled Water + Silver kill coil
  • Distilled Water + Other biocide (please list it)
  • Distilled Water + PT Nuke + Dye
  • Distilled Water + Antifreeze (shout out to sub-ambient coolers or mixed-metal holdouts)
  • Thermochill Pre-Mix
  • Fluid XP Pre-mix
  • Primochill Dye or Pre-mix
  • Nanoxia Pre-mix
  • Koolance Pre-mix
  • Swiftech HydrX
  • Feser dyes or Feser ONE
  • Other (please specify)

Yep, that's about all I can think of this morning. Distilled + Biocide = best for cooling & loop health though.

So basically we've established there are 3 options we can list as (recommended) - Distilled plus pt nuke phn, silver, or other biocide, and then we can also present the other options so people have choices if they want to admit they are doing inadvisable things.

Pretty much, yes. There is one recommendation coming out of this section consistently and across the (experienced) board: Distilled + Biocide.

Others are just bling / personal choice at the expense of forced cleaning of the person's loop with potentially lost performance (at least that's what the numbers indicate...skinnee is supposed to be figuring that out definitively). I don't begrudge those that choose to use them for appearance, it's a choice and I understand that reasoning...but no one chooses to use them for performance. If they say they are, they're only fooling themselves. :)

I used to use %10 Antifreeze/%90 Distilled water, that was back on my old AMD Thunderbird setup... this time around, just Distilled + Silver KillCoil :)

Back