• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Cell Phone Plan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I love verizion, and if you buy a data cable on ebay for 10 bucks, and setup MOU on your cell phone account for $0 a month, you can connect it to a laptop and get 256k wireless conection thru your cell phone and only use minutes of usage, which means that on night and weekend free wireless internet anywhere you get a digital verizion signal, which for me is everywhere.

MOU? is that something that can be used with other providers? That would be helpful for my mother with her laptop when she goes to our bayhouse.

No its internet access provided by Verizion, you don't need an ISP verzion gives it to you for free. You just use minutes as if you were calling someone with the cell phone. If they are free night and weekend minutes, then its free.
MOU is what its called on the contract you sign with verzion, make sure the contract you sign has it included.

Let me just say that im a use of t mobile here on long island. I have to say this is the worst service ever, theres towns where the connection is dead. The thing is even dead in my house sometimes. Verizon worked during the black out here, and it even works in the tunnels. I may try cingular once my contract runs out, 2nd largest provider, who knows.

Re: Re: Re: New Cell Phone Plan

Pinky said:

Just don't forget to use them by the end of the contract year, or you lose them. ;)

I just renewed my contract with cingular to get a new phone (Motorola V400 $100-$100 MIR = tax only), and they let me keep all my roll over minutes. I think it depends on your sales guy.

if you have a few thousand minutes could you just get a smaller plan then use them?

Back