• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ Barton core MPs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

I'm looking to upgrade the CPUs in my dual and want something a lot Barton and a little 2ghz+. I've been eyeing the price of the 2800+ MPs for months but its just not going down. Then, a few weeks ago an anomaly showed up. Some sites are advertising 2600+ MPs with "512kb L2 cache" and "Barton core". One of these sites was newegg, but then newegg pulled them? Now it seems only Monarch has them. Also, does anybody know what speed these are clocked at? Some sites say 2.07ghz others say 2.133ghz :confused:

If anybody has researched this and figured it out please help me, because I can't figure it out.. Oh and BTW, anybody who says "Just mod XPs idiot" will be tango slapped by yours truly. Were talking about MPs here.

EDIT: Okay Monarch and newegg both have AMSN2600DUT4C as the processor code. That 4 in DUT4C means 512kb L2 cache if I'm not mistaken.. BTW newegg's page is totally confused about this.. It says 256kb L2 cache AND Barton Core. I am going to email them :eek:

Last edited:
After a little research, there is a MP2600 that uses the Barton core but runs @ 2ghz. The T-bred MP2600 runs @ 2.13. The rating makes sense because the MP2800 runs at 2.13, but the extra L2 gives it a 200 point PR boost.

Here is the model 10 (Barton) MP data sheet on pages 25 and 77 and it mentions the Barton MP2600.

I've heard that they run 2 GHz and have 512k cache. They are basically the same speed as MP2400's, but got a rating bump because of the extra cache.

Yeah. I love Newegg, but they aren't the most knowledgable about the details of what they sell. I've been burned before, especially with video cards. They say 275 MHz Core, 275 MHz Memory. I get the card and it is 250 Core, 225 Memory. The worse part is... that has happened to me 3 times just with video cards from them.

Still, they are my favorite retailer. Even in their mistakes, they're better than most.

Okay so do tbred/applebred MP 2600+ CPUs even exist?

EDIT: To answer my own question, yes they do..

Tbred MP models
2000+ = 1667
2200+ = 1800
2400+ = 2000
2600+ = 2133

Barton MP models
2600+ = 2000
2800+ = 2133

Now to find out which chip newegg is actually selling for $150

Last edited:
The return email from newegg
Dear Customer,

Thank you for informing us. It should be AMD Athlon MP 2600+, 266MHz FSB, 512K L2 Cache Processor - OEM. We will update that information. Thank you very much.
:attn:

Back