• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bix 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
chevette heatercore is larger, thus preforms better. Otherwise, they have the same concepts and method of cooling, just one looks prettier then the other.

Actually I think the BIX2 is larger, in size its comparable to a caprice heatercore. As for performance I really do not know. I don't see very many people using them.

Jon

I would think the main reason for people not using them is b/c the friggin cost , there $100 @ most retailers when a caprice or bonnivile core are same size or larger and are only 17.99 @ autozone . I dont know why i would spend about 80 more dollers on somthing that probly compares to a h/c that looks cool!

With a good heat load, the bix2 will out perform the chevette heater core by a small margin and be slightly under the caprice heater core. It's a decent heater core though properly shrouded with a couple of dead fans with the edges sealed. Dual fan heater cores like that are great with a huge heat load like a pelt setup. Not worth the money in my opinion for the normal casual water cooler. IF you got to have it, spend the money on the caprice. It's cheaper and will perform better in a heavy heat load.

With my chevette core, I'm running a CPU, NB, GPU block and my load temps are 7C above air temp and thats still not loading the core to it's full potential.

JFettig said:
Actually I think the BIX2 is larger, in size its comparable to a caprice heatercore. As for performance I really do not know. I don't see very many people using them.

Jon

oh oh, the two is the one with two 120mm mounting spaces, what was i thinking. i had the BIX in mind

Back