• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking fx5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Avg said:
the link is not working
give me your email address i will mail it to you ... its a fantastic utility because mine was 200/400 stock and now running @ 235/451 quite stable..
when you install this .reg file and increase the core and mem speeds you will first click the below button Test Settings it will show you if new settings will run stable or not...

I found the file, it worked fine and I got an overclock of 306/520, it works pretty good but if I raise the chip speed it locks up in some games.

Avg said:
I found the file, it worked fine and I got an overclock of 306/520, it works pretty good but if I raise the chip speed it locks up in some games.
same case with me.. bye the way whats your stock speeds..
mine stock 200/400 now @235/451 .. but core speed don't like much overclock.. i think this chip don't like too much overclock..
btw ... i am using stock cooling..

I think it was 250/400 or something around that I'm on stock heat sink to be more precise but I leave my case open and there is a 80mm fan blowing toward the card.

be sure to uninstall all of those other programs you put in there.
Use coolbits only, try the 5303 drivers from nvidia and stay away from the card manufacturers driver sets.
When you update a driver you will likely have to reinstall coolbits though.
Does that FX5200 have a GPU cooler on it? My daughters does not but I set up a fan for its huge heat sink.

Hate the grab the thread but I posted a post a bit further down about the "Creative 3D Blaster 5 FX5200" anyone know the average overclock?

-DaMouse

I just have the heat sink but I got a fan blowing on it.

the stock heat sink with a 80mm case fan blowing on it.

I have an FX 5200 thats 250/400 stock that does 310/415 its a gainward vid card
I want to push it some more.. I dont care about killing it.. its there a way to volt mod it? I checked google , yahoo, nothing.. maybe a bios might help?

I don't think you will kill it, maybe a memory dump is about all I ever experienced overclocking a vid card too much. A little cooling goes a long way.

Back