• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

samsung 955df

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makkunbakkun

Registered
hwy guys i just recently purchased a moniter from best buy that was "opened" but the guy who sold it to me said that it was supposed to be a floor model that they didnt end up using. And when i opened the box it seemed like it was brand new everything was nicely sealed. But when i set it up and such i noticed something. Im running at 19" 1280 1024 at 75hz...and I thought 75hz refresh rate was very respectible but what i see as flaws arent the flickering that hurts your eyes from low refresh rates i think...just on the left and right sides of the picturei can see little transparent things moving up and down... could this be a problem of a damaged moniter? maybe theres not enough voltage going to it? any ideas guys? really appreciate any help in advanced. Thanks!

run it at a lower resolution at 85hz+. Cause that sounds sort of like the refresh rate to me. 75hz hurts my eyes bad. If it doesn't sort out the problem maybe it is damaged.

It's not his refresh rates...

Are there lines that are sorta wavy on the screen? If so it's moire. Go into the options button on the monitor and correct the moire with that. The more you correct it however, the more blurry the image gets.

Strida said:
It's not his refresh rates...

Are there lines that are sorta wavy on the screen? If so it's moire. Go into the options button on the monitor and correct the moire with that. The more you correct it however, the more blurry the image gets.

Yeah I totally forgot about that. I blame this on having an lcd for nearly 8 months now. If its not moire, maybe you have something that's not properly shielded near you monitor? Try moving you speakers far way or removing them for awhile.

Back