• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i be getting this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loboloco

hey everyone i have a athlon xp 2400+ at 2GHz 133FSB, albatron kx18d nf2 ultra, OCZ pc3200 ram @ cas 2, and a geforce 4 ti4600. What is odd is my graphics card cant do the stock ti4600 650MHz mem. Still i think my score is still low, i only get 7600 at 1024x768. i think i should be getting around 10K. another thing when i run my mem at 133(sync to FSB) my bandwidth is only 850, but when i run async(400MHz to 133FSB) my bandwidth is 2000. thanks, tweaks wanted, thanks

Hmmm, that is a pretty low score, i dont know much about amd but that card i get 12k stock with my 2.4 stock. What drivers are u using?

hey thanks for the responses. I figured i should be hitting around 12,000. Other people i know with similar setups hit around 13,000. I bench past a athlon xp 2800 and i get about 2350 in sisoft memory benchmark @ 155MHz FSB(single channel i only have 1 stick). Do ti4600's have overheat protection where they clock down? my gf4 hs is very good but im thinking msi didnt put enough paste and it is downclocking. my reason for this is because last time i ran it(this morning) my computer was on all night so my vid card must have been pretty warm, i scored 8094. Now after getting home from school and just turning on my computer(temps in my house are like 70) i get 8410. im gonna run it again in an hour to see if i get lower. if see im gonna take out the card and put on some ceramique i have leftover

http://www.guru3d.com/

I dont think the card is overheating,

Try this, ive had to do it a few times...

... Uninstall all the drivers for the card then install the drivers that came with the card on cd, reboot a few times and then uninstall them and then install the detinator drivers (the 41_03 ones i have found to be the best, you can get them from http://www.guru3d.com)

Also the thing about you score being higher one u turned your pc back on that would be because of a clean boot ie a short uptime :)

thanks, k ill try that, do you think i should dl mobo drivers too? a bit of good news is that i can now do 650 on my vid card mem stably, MSI skipped on the goop lol

44.03 the best drivers? im running the latest drivers on my FX5600. I can only score 9779 in 1024x768, i can score 1100 plus when i run it in 800x600 but spose that doesnt count. Check ym sig for system details(£Dmark score may be wrong). Anyone sugggest how to break 10k?Should i be hitting more than that?
DoM

Back