• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3 866 Socket 370 Asus CUV4X Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mazspeed

How do I overclock this chip? Im at 866 now, and would like a bit more... anything over 900 is fine, but what do I have to do? Is it Bios settings, or something else..? Thanks in Advance all

Cheers
Mike

Well, if that is an 866, then you are already running with 133mhz bus speed, so you will need some really good ram to get you flying...if you set your front side bus to 140mhz(in bios), that will get you 910 roughly...and is usualy attainable for standard pc133 mem....but right now fast pc150 cas2 ram is cheap.
If any of this dosen't make sence to you, feel free to brows the overclockers.com main page for beginers guides, usefull tips, etc.
I'm sure somebody has the same board as you, and can give you specifics that I can't, but you have a good board there, and should give you a stable overclock, provided your other components can handle the bus speed.
Good luck, and if you can't figure it out, come back.somebody's always here

How do you overclock the bios for the memory mate?? Many Many thanks in advance

Cheers
Mike

How do you overclock the bios for the memory mate?? Many Many thanks in advance

Cheers
Mike

P3 866 Socket 370 Asus CUV4X Overclock?-----help

How do I overclock my Bios for the memory? Sorry for asking the same question again.. as far as memory, I have 384 megs of maxtron memory at 133.. Pleaseeee help
Thanks in Advance everybody again :)

Cheers
Mike

Ok I got it to 936 clock speeds... Is that all I can get from the 866?

Cheers
Mike

Your not even close to Howevethe most out of this chip. r, you should really do your homework if you want to get it high and stable. There are many things to take into account while doing this. You should deffinatly read the guides on this page. Here is my suggestion for a beginer as I have worked with this chip before.

Voltage: keep it at 1.7 no need to increase it yet
Cooling: I don't know what you have but if its stock it has to go
FSB: Even with stock cooling and your ram at CAS2 you should be able to reach 150 no problem, might have to set the ram to CAS3 if you go any higher, or change the ratio from 133:133:33 to 133:100:33 this will in effect underclock your ram but you can keep it at CAS2 and then your bumping it back up anyways. I am not sure if this is an option on your board though.
Other components: Rember overclocking effects everything on your computer. Your processor is not the only thing that can hold you back.

I would see if you can run stable at 150fsb ratio set to 133:133:33 and CAS2, if not lower it untill you can run CAS2 as it is much better than CAS3.
I have a feeling your going to be held back by RAM quality.
Good Luck, hope this helps.

ok, let start from the begining, i don't know if your PIII is E or EB, but i presume thats EB, ok, i have a pIII 800 @ 900 with a CUV4x, you must have to go to the bios and in the second panel, were it is 866, chose manual, and in the FSB, chose 150, for the FSB/Dram multiplier chose 1/1, and next do to chip settings in the same panel, and reduce latch delay from 1.5ns to 1.0ns, and also reduce agp multiplier from 4x to 2x, and thats all, you have to do. lol

any doubt email me:[email protected]

Back