• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best OCing bios that supports SATA RAID for NF7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

Best OC bios that supports SATA RAID for nf7-s? Gonna try and finish up my case, etc. and try yet again to get AT LEAST a 200fsb. :rolleyes:

lol, we wish there was one. Allthough, how often is it that we actually GET the best of both worlds? hee hee. At any rate, the earliest bios release (v1.0) was the best o/c'ing bios. However there was a major problem for some folks with sata corruption, as i'm sure you've read. Now, as Abit fixed the sata corruption issue, they seem to have fubar'd the 10 and 10.5 multipliers for some reason. Very few people are able to get those multi's at fsb's much over the 220 range. Below that they seem to work ok for most people. So really you have to decide if you want to have your overclock limited by your available multi's (9.5 and below, or 11 and above) or if you would rather have those multi's, and sacrifice the onboard sata. For me i find that using bios 20 is most stable, and allows just as much of an o/c as any of the later bios releases.

If you want to use the onboard sata, i personally recommend bios 20 and shoot for an o/c of 220X11. :D. Works great for me. BTW, the vdd mod with a pencil greatly helped my stability at 200+ fsb speeds.

Have fun!!!

J.

For me i find that using bios 20 is most stable, and allows just as much of an o/c as any of the later bios releases. If you want to use the onboard sata, i personally recommend bios 20 and shoot for an o/c of 220X11.

I'll second that, I've found that using bios 20 works best for me. After all, I can't complain about a 1700+ doing 2.5 GHz (218x11.5) totally stable. I could push the fsb higher, but why, I'm quite happy where I am. And I've had it folding 24/7 for the last 3 or 4 months now, & no hdd corruption, lock-ups, freezes, or crashes in that time. And as most of us know, folding 24/7 for months is more difficult & challenging on a system than Prime 95 for a day or two.

I must say, I'm a tad jealous of you fellas running TBreds past 2500MHz :p My Barton 2600+ won't push past 2300MHz!

As for the x10 and x10.5 multipliers, my board/cpu works the opposite of everyone else. The "lost" multipliers work for me with BIOS 21 (board rev 2)... but with BIOS d10, the computer is barely stable at stock speeds/voltages.

Good luck with your oc! :D

Back