• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 5900 & Coolbits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Southern

Registered
Howdy..Just bought a 5900nu and added coolbits to my registry and it shows the core at 300. Whats up with that??:mad:

tnx..i did a search and didnt get a hit.Does it switch automatically or do i choose between 2d or 3d from menu?

You need to go into your Display Properties/Advance and change it from 2D to 3D to get the most out of your card.

I hit the auto-detect on my albatron fx5900EPV and it showed

GPU: 463
RAM:947

What's up with that?

I brought it back down to stock speeds to see how the card does as it's brand new.

Yes..it sure did hamster. :) and i second the ? that Blwn has..auto detect shows same thing. Also, i DL the bios editor and it wont let me access the gpu or mem initialization options.Is there something else i need to do ?

Auto-detect is coolbits's way of automatically determining the highest core/memory speeds before things start getting FUBAR'd. Usually though, it overshoots. WAY overshoots. It said my 5900 (softmod to a 5950) could do 547 core with autodetect.

I can't even finish a single 3DMark2001 run at 520mhz :p.

OperativeSix said:
Auto-detect is coolbits's way of automatically determining the highest core/memory speeds before things start getting FUBAR'd. Usually though, it overshoots. WAY overshoots. It said my 5900 (softmod to a 5950) could do 547 core with autodetect.

I can't even finish a single 3DMark2001 run at 520mhz :p.

lol mine did the same thing, said 540core and 1G memory

it's the reverse for me, when I run the auto detect it tells me 524 for my core when I can run it fine at 570.

shiltz said:
it's the reverse for me, when I run the auto detect it tells me 524 for my core when I can run it fine at 570.

570? LOL Are you sure. What drivers are you using too. I noticed the 53.03 gave me a worse overclock. Have you tried running the clocks in it's 2D setting the same as 3D? Mine will crap out every time.

i'm using the 53.03 drivers, and yeah, 570, I get the same issue trying to overclock the 2D setting though, it locks up when I try to overclock that.

shiltz said:
i'm using the 53.03 drivers, and yeah, 570, I get the same issue trying to overclock the 2D setting though, it locks up when I try to overclock that.

Just noticed you have the ultra as where i just have the plain jane 5900. Probably why you get the better overclock. Not sure what the differences between them are besides the amount of memory.

Back