• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It is sad, but it is time to switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was gonna say more about that, but decided it was better left to the thread in FPD rather than crapping on your thread here.

I hope you enjoy your Apple G5, and your appreciation you have for the $2500 pricetag since you worked so hard to afford it.

Macs rock the world!! Here's some reason's why ...

Hey yeah man, you overclocked your FSB to 160? Really 164? That's pretty high man unless you meet my little friend called 1GHZ!! 1 Ghz FSB!! It's insane!

Or how bout RISC processors? I bet you didn't expect this one, but Motorola makes the processors for all Macs. When a calculation is sent to your CPU it takes a couple cycles to think about it, but with RISC, once calculation = one cycle baby, yeah!! You know it's 3Ghz and stuff? Well to the PC user that's like 6+Ghz!!

Crashing? Come on ... it happens, but Bill Gates hasn't gracefully charmed Macs with BSOD madness so they're really good about it.

The airflow on the G5 is super good too, have you seen the inside of it?? There's an air duct for every device on the system! That's just cool. Literally, hahahahaha ... that sucked.

And I don't even own a Mac ... but let's say I'd be happy with one though :D

Mac power ...

If it does what you want it to do and you don't worship it like a cult, more power to ya.

I don't use them because all my favorite apps aren't available on them. Plus I'm cheap. :p

Yuck Fanboys. Industry standard; People just buy into the hype.

Enjoy your new computer tainice. As long as it can do what needs to be done and you enjoy using it then its all good.

Real designers use Autocad. Real designers aren't put off by navigating thru directories and drives in corporate LAN. Real designers aren't worried about medals.

My first Mac was back in 1987. Then I was Advertising, where what matter was the image you projected. Then I went to magazines, were what mattered was conecting to the Imagesetter and getting your files ripped, so macs were mandatory. But since XP came out, there is no real reason to have a Mac other than image.

First, Apple has a bigger market share than companies like BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche. Whats wrong with your computer being a Mercedes??? :D

Read designers use AutoCAD? Designers of what......??????? Websites? Publishing (magazines, ads)? Video editing? Photography? Music? or BUILDINGS AND FANCY GEARS?

stop being ignorant.......... There are plenty of REAL designers who use Macintosh computers... :rolleyes:

Back to the original topic... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope you enjoy your beautiful, functional, powerful, stable, user-friendly new G5!

P.S. Holding control while clicking on something is the equivalent of right-clicking something.

P.P.S Just for the record, I HATE one button mice! Have to have my M$ or logitech 100 button mouse! :D

Its a sad day when when we lose a PC user to the dark side.....

J/J, send us a screeny of your first Kernal Panic!

It is spelled "kernel".

OSX doesn't show them anymore, it just throws up a high-res bitmap asking you nicely to restart your computer.

I have to give it to Macintosh for making sick-*** looking computers. Dell, Gateway, Compaq, can't even come close to touching a Mac. Motorola has been making Apple's since Day 1. Apple's such a weird company, it's the only company that builds the computers, and the operating system.

Microsoft rig, anyone?

it is finally here!! i got my dual today:) man, this thing is a true beauty...but i just have to say...it will take me couple days to get use the OS and the noiseless computer, but anyway, i need to dl the f@h, so more power to cruch!!

orange400 said:
Macs rock the world!! Here's some reason's why ...

Hey yeah man, you overclocked your FSB to 160? Really 164? That's pretty high man unless you meet my little friend called 1GHZ!! 1 Ghz FSB!! It's insane!

Or how bout RISC processors? I bet you didn't expect this one, but Motorola makes the processors for all Macs. When a calculation is sent to your CPU it takes a couple cycles to think about it, but with RISC, once calculation = one cycle baby, yeah!! You know it's 3Ghz and stuff? Well to the PC user that's like 6+Ghz!!

Crashing? Come on ... it happens, but Bill Gates hasn't gracefully charmed Macs with BSOD madness so they're really good about it.

The airflow on the G5 is super good too, have you seen the inside of it?? There's an air duct for every device on the system! That's just cool. Literally, hahahahaha ... that sucked.

And I don't even own a Mac ... but let's say I'd be happy with one though :D

Mac power ...

I think you buy into the hype just a wee bit too much, lol

The 1GHz FSB is effective if I'm not mistaken, not actual speed. Just like Intel has an 800MHz FSB...thats effective, not actual. The G5 runs at a 200MHz ACTUAL FSB (Whats that...oh, so do Intel and AMD processors? :rolleyes: )

As for the processor performance...a 3.2GHz Intel can meet/beat the best a Mac has to throw at it. They are very equal in performance in just about everything they do, neither is superior to the other. Oh, and IBM, not Motorola, makes the processors for the G5.

As for crashing...well I dont see how thats is relative to "PC vs Mac". But since you brought it up, OS X is based on Unix, which is primarily, if im not mistaken, a PC Operating System.

Anyways, my point is you buy to much into the hype thrown out by Apple.

Bottom line, the best Apple and contend with the best PC, and vice versa...its the price/performance ratio where PC's win hands down

macs look nice and all. i really wouldnt mind tyring one just to see how it handles video editing and photoshop. I dont beleive my beloved Ulead Media studio will run on one tho and i dont like adobe premiere and after FX too much.

I hate windows. only thing keeping me on it is the fact i cant get my video card to go dual monitors in linux. Also my video editing software wont run in it.

i wish you could build a mac. Yea i know itd lose stability, but i think theyd have a better shot at the market if you could buy Mac parts as you can PC parts. More coppies of the OS would sell.

9mmCensor said:
Macs have their advantages.

PCs have their advantages.

Stop the hatin'.

ditto

macs are good for there stuff, windows comps are good for they're stuff, and linux boxes are good for their stuff (and can be had on either proc architecure), unix boxes are good for they're stuff...

the computer world needs mo lovin'

that said the only reason I'd ever go to mac is if I had $10-20k for a protools box. ya can't frag with one button, and the scroll wheel...ahh the scroll wheel. and PC's are cheaper but if ya need a mac go for it.

Back