• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which mem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
intel...yea i was looking at that ram but i saw that i could get pc3700 and up for around the same amount im guessng this out performs most of cheap 3700 though...is this nice and compatible with the asus p4c800-e deluxe?

intel, ok, what chip ? northwood 2.4c? 3.0c?

you're gonna save alot of money and get the same performance, if not better, with running a 2.4c in a 3:2 divider with 2-2-2-6 timings with some PC3200 or PC3500 memory

is there a specific reason as to why you're going with 1 gig and not 512? 512's gonna alleviate some possible memory issues since there are less chips on 2x256 dimms

A year from now you're gonna have trouble running games smooth unless you got 1gb minimum. 3:2 is a large performance hit and doesn't get close to 1:1 performance all else being equal. Use 1:1 if possible 5:4 if you have to and 3:2 only for trouble shooting, would be my recomendation.

GD

Sirius said:
Mushkin IvI 2 3500
Kingston 3200
OCZ 3700 Rev.2

How could you leave out Micron and Corsair? Do you have something against the best brands? lol

3:2 a performance hit ? only if your 2.4c can't hit 275

I have a 2.4 doing 3.3, with 3:2...meaning I'm running memory at 183 instead of standard 200 Mhz at 2-2-2-6 ?

Am I missin something :)

lol u say running at 183 instead of 200 mhz, but 200 mhz is only what its rated for, why didnt u buy cheaper 200 mhz ram then

most people buy mushkin cos it can go to like 230 mhz, so yes if ur running mushkin lvl2 at 183 mhz ur missing something, about 50 mhz is what ur missing . .

isn't it better to max out your CPU bandwidth, and then worry about memory later ?

Are you saying I'll get better 3d performance if I go to a 5:4 ratio and find my memory's ceiling ?

I went with mushkin cuz I wanted 2-2-2 with no headaches

Last edited:
Back