• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Beefpops

Okay, I have a few questions regarding OC'ing and sound/video output.

1. Are minimal artifacts expected with a big overclock on a videocard with ramsinks and a 3rd party cooler on the GPU?

2. at distances, some textures get lines through them like Venetian blinds that shrink and eventuall disappear as I get closer. What causes this? Is this a form of an artifact?

3. My southbridge is murderous-hot to the touch. My speakers and headphones sometimes make a popping sound when they begin to play certain media types (dinky little MIDIs on websites, sound in logo videos in the beginning of games), and the overall sound quality has a faint scratchy sound to it. Would southbridge cooling fix this?

Thanks!

I can only anser #1, it depends on how big of an OC, but ATItool will help you find the max mem and max core speed you can go untill you get artifacts :)

First one has been answered...

The second one i think is a form of artifact, then again it might be the settings on the game or the ATi Control Panel...

3rd.. I am thinking yes on the cooling, its worth looking into :)...

Thanks :) I'm downloading ATITool to resolve the problems, and I have a small heatsink coming in the mail to fix my sound issues :)

I used to get lines like that with my old voodoo3. It wasn't overclocked either. I think it was based on in game settigs, available memory, and drivers becuase I noticed it would be there in some games and not others. It also didn't happen in the same place all the time. Most likely the vid card is unable to get all of the textures needed into memory fast enough and just throws the image out as is.

Back