• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW.. Thermalright has the best customer service ever!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fever

I recieved my SP-97 with a little dent in the middle heatpipe, but nothing I really cared about. I just wanted to know if it would affect performance, so I emailed Thermalright about it. Below is my email, and their responce. Keep in mind that I sent this email at 2:15AM !! and recieved an answer not even 15 minutes later.
Hi, I just recieved my SP-97, and there seems to be a problem with the middle heat pipe. I was wondering if you could tell me whether or not this would affect performance of the unit. I doubt it, but the reason I bought this was so that I could have the best air cooling there is.

http://feveroo.homestead.com/files/SP97/DSC00482.GIF
http://feveroo.homestead.com/files/SP97/DSC00491.GIF

Sorry for the huge pics, and their bad quality. Thanks for your
time!

And:

Dear Phil,

Where are you located Phil? It does not affect performance however I am willing to authorize an exchange with another HSF with yours, let me know your mailing address and I will have someone contact you for exchange. Thank you for choosing Thermalright products.

Sincerely,

Jim Wei
Thermalright Inc.

I would like to say hats off to Thermalright.. Not only do they have the best products available, they also seem to have the best customer support there is.

Well I just got another reply, at 4am, 1am their time. :eek: I'd love to know why they work so late.. :confused:

They're going to send out a new SP-97 to me tomorrow, and I'll have to send mine back to them.

Come to think of it, they didn't even mention anything about returning mine.. I'll have to email him back for a shipping address.

Will do, rhino. I can't wait to actually put it on my CPU lol... It's teasing me.. Just sitting so pretty on my desk. I haven't removed the protective plastic under it though, so I'll wait for my new one before trying it out. Can't wait to see the difference. :D

Ask him if he'd be willing to use the dented one in a comparison test.
I've been very curious about how effective those heatpipes really are.
If he would be willing, you could disable the heatpipes in the dented one ( drill a small hole in the pipe to release the chemical/liquid inside) and compare it's performance to the new, good one.
That would be interesting....

actually that would be good,...i'd love to know the difference! i mean, who in their right mind would pay $55 for one just to ruin for a test...you def. should ask about that.

oh, and yeah, geat company...never heard anyhting bad about them. at all...well, excepting hte bad finish on the bottom of the HS's...but that can be fixed.

wow that is really cool, i hardly use their stuff, but its good to know when i do that their support will be top notch!

that would indeed be a very interesting test - id love to know what a difference those pipes really make...

Tornado Guy

There should be a sticky about Thermalright. Every month or so someone seems to start a thread on how great their customer service is.:p

You can't beat Thermalright, one of my standoffs broke, and they shipped me 4 brand new steel ones. And they arrived around 3 days later from Taiwan. Top marks.
;)

I can ask them to test it out, but I doubt they'll go for it. They sent me another email telling me to ship it to them, and then they'll send my replacement. It wasn't Jim though, so I explained to them that if it can't be shipped I'd rather just keep the heatsink, since Jim told me it wouldn't affect performance.

9mm, sorry man.. Like I said, they asked me to ship it back to them. :(

DOHCrazy said:

What are you thinking?

Ide take a dented working SP-97 anyday if it was less than a perfect one!

He meant "shotgun" as in he wanted to buy it off of me if Thermalright replaced mine without wanting me to send mine back. :p

kraigc said:
is the 97 really that much better than the 947?

The SP-97 is about 3°c cooler then the SLK947U, from what I've seen in reviws.

Fever,not very often,but we share a common intrest in cars and modding. He's building a roadster, over across the Pacific. Thats why he was there when you emailed him. They want to look at it.
To bad you don't have a spare one.:) THE FANMAN:cool:

Re: Quick responce from Thermalright ...

Wow, that's great they responded so fast at such
a late/early hour. :cool:
Was thinking ... is there a possibility they responder
was in a different time zone?

Even so, a quick responce like that is impressive. I only
wish they had responded to my e-mails asking about the
quality control problems they had about a year ago.
Four Sk-7 in a row we received had deep
semi-circular machine grooves. And from the threads I started
in a couple forums it seems the SLK-900 (new at time)
and 800 had the same problem.
Not only that, some of the heatsinks had the fins
soldered on base very crooked. While the rough surface
wasn't a problem as lapping is quite easy, the crooked fins
was bad enough for a return and we weren't the only ones
to do so.

Sadly, all my cordial but inqusitive correspondence went
completely unanswered. They were the same addresses
that others used.
Strange .... :confused:
At least they got the problem solved. :thup:

Just for reference purposes .....