• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possibly great product for those who want blue water!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

I work at Home Depot and I was milling around in the seasonal department pretending to look busy by the pond supplies. I came across this product by becket that is supposed to add a blue tint to water and filter sunlight. It comes in a tablet form, and each tablet is supposed to treat up to 100 gallons! (you get 6 tablets, though 1/30 of a tablet is apparently enough!)

I grabbed a bottled water and put about a nerd candies size piece of a tablet in, and the water is REALLY blue, hell, the piece I put in has yet to even dissolve completly yet. I REALLY need to get a digital camera *sigh* I can only imagine how cool this stuff would be combined with blue uv dye (actually, I have blue uv dye, so I can do more than imagine!)

The only reason I say this is possibly a great product is because I don't know if it will conflict with water additives, or if it will be harmful to anything in the water cooling system. The packet says its non-toxic....I can't find the ingredients of the tablets listed anywhere though.

JML said:
I work at Home Depot and I was milling around in the seasonal department pretending to look busy by the pond supplies. I came across this product by becket that is supposed to add a blue tint to water and filter sunlight. It comes in a tablet form, and each tablet is supposed to treat up to 100 gallons! (you get 6 tablets, though 1/30 of a tablet is apparently enough!)

I grabbed a bottled water and put about a nerd candies size piece of a tablet in, and the water is REALLY blue, hell, the piece I put in has yet to even dissolve completly yet. I REALLY need to get a digital camera *sigh* I can only imagine how cool this stuff would be combined with blue uv dye (actually, I have blue uv dye, so I can do more than imagine!)

The only reason I say this is possibly a great product is because I don't know if it will conflict with water additives, or if it will be harmful to anything in the water cooling system. The packet says its non-toxic....I can't find the ingredients of the tablets listed anywhere though.

hmm - if it disolves slowly (which might be deliberate given it's purpose) then i suspect it'd be a bad move.... solid objects winging their way round the system sounds like a blockage waiting to happen... :(

Re: Re: Possibly great product for those who want blue water!

pauldenton said:

hmm - if it disolves slowly (which might be deliberate given it's purpose) then i suspect it'd be a bad move.... solid objects winging their way round the system sounds like a blockage waiting to happen... :(

Disolve it first in some water, then pour it into the system?

Interesting! I noticed that it combats "sludge" too. It even filters sunlight, which many forms of algae require. That might just be the the perfect blue dye! Great find!

ok who wants to test this here stuff.. I am inbound on an RBX (whenever Directron gets them in) so I am very concerned about blockage...like constipated bowls...bad bad :)

Back