• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creative 3D Blaster 5 FX5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaMouse

ok, I have this card. I only want to overclock the card as it was a cheap card and I wanna keep warranties on the rest of my gear. its stock cooling but I can probably stick one of my 40mm fans on from an old Pentium 200MHz. I run Linux and use a utility called nvclock to overclock. I don't wanna lose this begger, anyone know what the average is?

-DaMouse

Overclock until you get artifacts and/or crashes and then back down a bit. Generally you don't need to worry about losing your card.

And I'm right by saying that this thing will overclock on its own without effecting the rest of the system?

-DaMouse

yes

you'll be fine, oc'ing your card won't effect the rest of your sys, just take it up a little at a time

are there any decent video testing tools for Linux that I can see whats happening to the quality with (forgot how to do etcetera, to early in the morning :) )

-DaMouse

hey, I just clocked my core speed up to 310.5MHz with DDR at 405MHz, the passive heatsink is quite hot to touch but I can keep my finger on it forever so not that hot.. Is that ok?

-DaMouse

Back