Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida

    Watercooling HELP!!

    I just install my watercooling stuff to my system and when i do a strees test Win XP mem dump's. Any help on maybe what i am doing wrong or what i can do to help the suden heat up? I'm using Arctic Silver 5, 1/2in tubbing the smallest im using and im using a water cooling additive to help cool sys..

    Asus A7N8X AMD XP3000, 512 Corsair XMS ram.

    P.S. My Digital Doc 5 reads 95 F and asus monitor reads about 100F on CPU. Can watercooling not handle fast temp jumps like a stress test will do?



    PSS gameless right now witch SUCKS!!!!


    Thank you for any help you can give me

  2. #2
    Member Axis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lakewood Ohio

    Re: Watercooling HELP!!

    Originally posted by Groundfury
    I just install my watercooling stuff to my system and when i do a strees test Win XP mem dump's. Any help on maybe what i am doing wrong or what i can do to help the suden heat up? I'm using Arctic Silver 5, 1/2in tubbing the smallest im using and im using a water cooling additive to help cool sys..

    Asus A7N8X AMD XP3000, 512 Corsair XMS ram.

    P.S. My Digital Doc 5 reads 95 F and asus monitor reads about 100F on CPU. Can watercooling not handle fast temp jumps like a stress test will do?



    PSS gameless right now witch SUCKS!!!!


    Thank you for any help you can give me
    No you must not have a water block seated correctly. Clean, reapply and reseat all water clocks. Those temps are too high.

  3. #3
    Insatiably Malcontent
    Senior Member
    johan851's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Well, first lower all your timings to stock. Your temps sound alright to me - watercooling will DEFINITELY be able to handle fast temp jumps - stays much more stable in terms of temperature fluctuation than air cooling. If you're still getting problems with stress temps at stock, check any other settings that might cause instability.
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | 2500K @ 4.6GHz | 2x4GB Samsung DDR3 | GTX 750 Ti 2GB
    120GB Crucial M4 | 2x 2TB Samsung F4 | Seasonic S12 600w
    y2 DAC --> Custom M^3 --> Custom LM3875 ChipAmp --> Modula MTs
    Dual Dell 2007WFP | Watercooled

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Thank you for your help guys it was a waterblock problem, it was'nt sitting on cpu right i quess but holding stable at 95F at 100% cpu load..... i will take any advice on getting temp down more if there is a way.

    P.S. all temps are not OC'ed temps, that my next thing

  5. #5
    Member Axis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lakewood Ohio
    Originally posted by Groundfury
    Thank you for your help guys it was a waterblock problem, it was'nt sitting on cpu right i quess but holding stable at 95F at 100% cpu load..... i will take any advice on getting temp down more if there is a way.

    P.S. all temps are not OC'ed temps, that my next thing
    Ya that is what I thought, temps too. Good job BTW. I would say make sure your hoses are cut to the perfect lengths and that your RAD is getting the coldest air it can.

    Check internam case flow are too.

    Good luck

  6. #6
    Member SysCrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Make sure there is no air trapped in the rad. If you got the rad sitting at the bottom of the case with the barbs at top you should be alright. If not tilt it up right and the air will come out. Shroud the rad also if not done already. Make sure the tubing isn't pulling on the block. Shortest tubing route as possible also helps some.

  7. #7
    Coolsleeves™ Guy Lothar5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Surf City

    Re: Re: Watercooling HELP!!

    Originally posted by Axis


    No you must not have a water block seated correctly. Clean, reapply and reseat all water clocks. Those temps are too high.
    Humm...... 100F is only 37C

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •