• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Groundfury

Registered
I just install my watercooling stuff to my system and when i do a strees test Win XP mem dump's. Any help on maybe what i am doing wrong or what i can do to help the suden heat up? I'm using Arctic Silver 5, 1/2in tubbing the smallest im using and im using a water cooling additive to help cool sys..

Asus A7N8X AMD XP3000, 512 Corsair XMS ram.

P.S. My Digital Doc 5 reads 95 F and asus monitor reads about 100F on CPU. Can watercooling not handle fast temp jumps like a stress test will do?

PSS gameless right now witch SUCKS!!!!

Thank you for any help you can give me

Groundfury said:
I just install my watercooling stuff to my system and when i do a strees test Win XP mem dump's. Any help on maybe what i am doing wrong or what i can do to help the suden heat up? I'm using Arctic Silver 5, 1/2in tubbing the smallest im using and im using a water cooling additive to help cool sys..

Asus A7N8X AMD XP3000, 512 Corsair XMS ram.

P.S. My Digital Doc 5 reads 95 F and asus monitor reads about 100F on CPU. Can watercooling not handle fast temp jumps like a stress test will do?

PSS gameless right now witch SUCKS!!!!

Thank you for any help you can give me

No you must not have a water block seated correctly. Clean, reapply and reseat all water clocks. Those temps are too high.

Well, first lower all your timings to stock. Your temps sound alright to me - watercooling will DEFINITELY be able to handle fast temp jumps - stays much more stable in terms of temperature fluctuation than air cooling. If you're still getting problems with stress temps at stock, check any other settings that might cause instability.

Thank you for your help guys it was a waterblock problem, it was'nt sitting on cpu right i quess but holding stable at 95F at 100% cpu load..... i will take any advice on getting temp down more if there is a way.

P.S. all temps are not OC'ed temps, that my next thing

Groundfury said:
Thank you for your help guys it was a waterblock problem, it was'nt sitting on cpu right i quess but holding stable at 95F at 100% cpu load..... i will take any advice on getting temp down more if there is a way.

P.S. all temps are not OC'ed temps, that my next thing

Ya that is what I thought, temps too. Good job BTW. I would say make sure your hoses are cut to the perfect lengths and that your RAD is getting the coldest air it can.

Check internam case flow are too.

Good luck :cool:

Make sure there is no air trapped in the rad. If you got the rad sitting at the bottom of the case with the barbs at top you should be alright. If not tilt it up right and the air will come out. Shroud the rad also if not done already. Make sure the tubing isn't pulling on the block. Shortest tubing route as possible also helps some.

Re: Re: Watercooling HELP!!

Axis said:

No you must not have a water block seated correctly. Clean, reapply and reseat all water clocks. Those temps are too high.

Humm...... 100F is only 37C

Back