• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for LED's ? Read this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bubba gump

www.lsdiodes.com seems to be a popular place

You can also get free stuff too...when you buy ever so many led's (i think you can get a tricolor when you buy like led's or something)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

wow slug, great store......100 white 10k mcd 5mm LEDs for $25 free shipping....lol, that's a definate bookmark. 99.8% positive out of 4789 too.

edit:

I vote for sticky......there's always people coming into alt modding looking for places to get good deals on LEDs.....

ebay is a great place too. Tons of places from Taiwan and the like selling LEDs. I bought 100 3000 mcd blue LEDs for like $10.50 plus another $10 for shipping. I've used all of, I think, like 5 or 6 of them. And still I came out cheaper than if I'd bought the things from ratshack or other electronics place locally.

I ordered 50 blue LEDs from the chi wing place on monday. Excellent prices, it comes with 50 resistors and free shipping for only $8.50. Locally I could only buy a whole of two LEDs for that price. I haven't gotten them yet, but the shipping is supposed to take 1-2 weeks so I'm not worried. They are shipping them all the way from hong kong of course. This is an excellent sticky to have for people looking for LEDs at non-exorbitant prices IMHO.

chi wing also has a website:
http://hk.geocities.com/chiwingco/

I just got an led grab bag of 200 led's and a little bag og RGB leds for $20.00 shipped. The leds consist of various colors in bags of 25. Shipping took less than two weeks from Honk Kong to LA CA.
Email them directly if you want certain quantities or colors outside of ebay.

besthongkong is good. superbright is ok.

futureelectronics blows, I find their colors iffy at being accurate. they are luxeons and thus way brighter. like 60000MCD. 100mA.(350 if you can cool it, LOL overclock your LEDs)

be careful on its use though, as it does not run cool like regular LEDs.

also they are 11$ a peice. but I use them in replacement of 5w parking light bulbs in my car, and 4 make a fine replacement for a 21w turn signal bulb. they are that bright. super wide output too.

PS. I dont sell LEDs, but I use LEDs to produce automotive bulbs and other custom stuff that I do sell. this is just what Ive found.

where can you get purple leds? or is UV the closest your going to get? i was thinking of buying some of those purple led fans and seein if i could maybe get the leds out of it.

Most purple/violet LED's are either going to be blue LED's with transparent red paint on them, blue LED's in a redish plastic lens, will look prodomanantly blue if its a real 'purple' color, or will be dangerous if you get them in 'true purple', since they usually emit fairly strong UV rays along with the color.

I think I might buy a load of 100 whites and rig a lot in my case - instant flashlight! I'll have it on a battery, of course - most ( :rolleyes: ) of my modding is done with the PC off anyways. I can also MAKE my own flashlight - I still have some aluminum blocks suitable for tubes & my grandpa has a big lathe... Forget my current 5x10mm LED flashlight - 30+ LED flashlight here I come! 300k+ mcd's :D

bah, screw that, use luxeons. 120lumens at 110degrees angle of output at 1000mA. but... good luck cooling them. youd have to hook them into the outer casing to get enough cooling area.

that... and those are about 50$ a peice. but at 8mm across, their pretty compact.

Back