Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2003

    Question Should I sell my P4 2.4C MO??????

    I currently had a 2.4C mo chip. I know 2.4C usually can only go up to like 3.3ghz or so. And since now price for 2.8 is $250CAD +tax so is about $285 CAD. Do U think I should sell my chip for $230 CAD and get the 2.8C which will go up to 3.5-3.7 is that worth it?? I am using air cooling only~~ Also my ram is PC4200
    Last edited by DMC8260; 02-03-04 at 10:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Member climbski's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Reno NV
    see sig...NO!
    3678mhz 306fsb
    2.4C SL6Z3 P4C800-E
    KHX3200 22254 @ 245mhz
    3DM01 23279 AIRCOOLED

  3. #3
    Always one step ahead of jdmcnudgent Big Nuttz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    See top of my sig. M0
    My Rig--Asus P6T Deluxe--i7 920 @ 3.6--6144MB Corsair XMS--HD 4850

  4. #4
    Xtreme refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    But he's not getting that. I've had 3 MO chips, one wouldnt do over 2.9ghz in my vapo, one would do 290fsb max.

    My 2.4 was my first one. It would do 315fsb, probably one of the first made, and costa rica, no malay.

    Steppings mean nothing.

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I am using aircooling only, won't change to water or anything beyond that. Zalman 7000CU

  6. #6
    High Speed Senior deathman20's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Where the Cheese Heads Live
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Agreed man I got a 2.4MO that is just like that. Think I have it set at 3.24Ghz right now but I know can get 3.3Ghz with some more juice in it but its not worth the gain in preformance.

    I know I'd like to get a faster CPU but guess its more of a waiting game til the price drop comes in a couple days (if not mistaken unless im behind times and its already happened) or just wait for the prescots to become better. You gamble either way if you try getting a new CPU anyways might be better might be worse then your current.
    -=The Gamer=-
    MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | 1.3875V | 28C Idle / 65C Load (LinX)
    8Gig G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz w/ 1.5V | TR Ultra eXtreme 120 w/ 2 Fans
    Asus DCUII R9 290 1075/1300 w/ 1.05V GPU | 36C Idle / 75C Load | 128/256GB Crucial M4 SSD's / 512GB Samsung 840 Pro
    BitFenix Shinobi Window Case | SilverStone DA750 | Samsung UD590 28" 4k | Oculus Rift DK2 - Incoming October 2014
    -=The Server=-
    Synology DS1511+ | Dual Core 1.8Ghz CPU | 30C Idle / 38C Load
    3 Gig PC2-6400 | 4x Samsung F4 2TB Raid5 | 1x Samsung F4 2TB
    Heat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •