• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I sell my P4 2.4C MO??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DMC8260

Registered
I currently had a 2.4C mo chip. I know 2.4C usually can only go up to like 3.3ghz or so. And since now price for 2.8 is $250CAD +tax so is about $285 CAD. Do U think I should sell my chip for $230 CAD and get the 2.8C which will go up to 3.5-3.7 is that worth it?? I am using air cooling only~~ Also my ram is PC4200 :D

Last edited:
But he's not getting that. I've had 3 MO chips, one wouldnt do over 2.9ghz in my vapo, one would do 290fsb max.

My 2.4 was my first one. It would do 315fsb, probably one of the first made, and costa rica, no malay.

Steppings mean nothing.

I am using aircooling only, won't change to water or anything beyond that. Zalman 7000CU

Agreed man I got a 2.4MO that is just like that. Think I have it set at 3.24Ghz right now but I know can get 3.3Ghz with some more juice in it but its not worth the gain in preformance.

I know I'd like to get a faster CPU but guess its more of a waiting game til the price drop comes in a couple days (if not mistaken unless im behind times and its already happened) or just wait for the prescots to become better. You gamble either way if you try getting a new CPU anyways might be better might be worse then your current.

Back