• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

15multi x 100fsb = 2000mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

1700+ TbredB
Aopen KT266A motherboard (no multi adjustment)

Here is what is going on, the TbredB has bridges blown (I didn't blow the bridges the guy I bought it from did). This is supposed to give the chip a 15 multi. I ran this chip in an 8RDA+ and indeed got 15 after loading defaults etc. Okay, great. So then I moved this chip into its permanent home, an Aopen KT266A board I bought from a guy in the classifieds recently. The board reads the multi as 20 at 100fsb (which oddly enough equals the correct mhz speed). It does not post at 133fsb which leads me to believe that its still thinks the multi is 20 after I change the FSB jumper.

So WTF? Has something like this happened to anybody else? Do KT266A boards just do this? Any suggestions?

This is a system I am breaking even on so I don't want to fry anything and don't want to give it to the guy running 100fsb. It works flawlessly otherwise though.

Thank you gentlemen :beer:

sounds like the bridges werent blown properly, I had a chip once that I cut a couple bridges from, and it would bootup fine, but it would only boot in that specific mobo. It sounds like your having a similar problem. I would check the bridges with a magnifying glass and see if you can see any ones that are open when there are supposed to be close, and visa versa.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Back