• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air cooling 2.4c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Airness23

Registered
I have a 2.4c which maxes out at 290 on stock cooling, where it reaches up to low 60s....

Im planning on getting a better air coolin solution that is NOT louder than the intel stock cooler, what would you recommend?

I heard that Thermalright SP94 is one of the best heatsinks? What would you recommend for a fan? 120 or 80mm? Is Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu one of the better ones?

Thanks

I think you can only use 92mm and an 80mm fans...I'd go with the 92mm because it will push more air at a lower rpm than the 80mm fan

Also, the SP94 is louder than a stock hs fan even when you turn the fan speed down....so you might want something different.

SP94 with 92mm is the best air solution. Thats what I'm using for my 2.4C at 292FSB 24/7. If you worry about noise, pick a low rpm 92mm or use a fan control.

I would also recommend a 92mm fan, BUT since the 92mm fans usually have a larger "deadspot" you could benefit fron a 80mm in certain cases.

But as said before, a 92mm pushes more air at a lower noiselever.

Back