• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 Single Channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniper.nkc

I bought a pair of Mushkin PC3500 Level II ( 2 X 512). This memory works great in Dual Channel Mode, but I notice slot one, (black slot) does not do well with memory. This is preventing me to run higher FSB in single channel mode.

I am testing the memory at 2-2-2-6 with 2.8 Vdimm and I get errors in memtest86 at 205 X 11. When I move memory to slot 2 or 3 (blue slots), I can reach 222 FSB with no errors. Why is slot one (black slot) not able to perform at higher speeds? Has anyone experienced this?

This motherboard uses only Double Data Rate (DDR) Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAM) Dual Inline Memory Modules (DIMMs).

<edit> Or am I reading your question wrong???

Last edited:
so what, you wanna run in dual channel mode anyway, it's faster having 2 lines of communication running at 100%sync than it is 1 line

bettsr said:
This motherboard uses only Double Data Rate (DDR) Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAM) Dual Inline Memory Modules (DIMMs).

<edit> Or am I reading your question wrong???

I do have DDR memory.

I had eLixir PC3200 (2 X 256) and it ran fine in single channel mode at 200 X 11 w/ 3-3-3-7. The eLixir performed BETTER in single channel and ran POORLY in dual channel. I just thought with Mushkins, I can do better. Many have said single channel is the way to go for maximum overclocking performance, but I can not agree with that statement.

Just quoting the A7N8X v2.0 Deluxe Users manual that I got with my board Page 13 if your interested in looking.

Back