• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to nvidia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brian770

Registered
I am looking to buy a new graphics card and need vidio capture also I was going to get a aiw 9600 pro or xt, but it pays to shop around . dose nvidia make a compairitive card?
thanks for any info!!
brian770

AIW have been know for better image quality

nvidia does not make an AIW wonder card - they tried and it failed miserably - in this line of cards you are better to go with ATI.

Some NVIDIA cards do have video in - but i would personally choose ATI for this area of work - nvidia is a gamer card.

thanks, I had heard that nvidia had some sort of vidio serise of cards but will now steer clear of them at the used cards market

thanks, brian770

the AIW series has the inputs on the card, I believe the personal cinema from nvidia has a breakout box to plug in. who needs more wires on their desk:p

Actually many of the card manufactures have a VIVO (video in video out) version, but it doesnt have a tuner and all that jive... but i had it on my 4200 that i never used.. oh well...

if all else fails.. i will use my Voodoo3 3500 TV to record video!

^^^ very true - and it saves you money on bjuying 3rd party application - their multimedia center is a great suite of software - considering what you usually get when you buya card - included software is usually not too great but ATI's MMC is a wicked set!

Back