• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThermalTake AquariusII thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N1vek215

Hey I'm very interested in water cooling primarily for the low noise and good cooling. I don't know much about WCing and I came around the aquarius two which is pretty cheap. I checked overclockers.com review but it really didn't tell me much. ANyone have any experience with it? or can anyone recommend something good, simple, and cheap? Thanks

Aquarius is crap, words to live by. Really Thermaltakes only good products are its Smartfan line and the Xaser case series..

if you want a simple beginners kit the Corsair Hydrocool is OK, a bit on the loud side though...

Ideally if you can do it a D-Tek or DangerDen setup is best, they are near the top end and perform very well.

HAHAHA, (ok I'm good now, not laughing at you). DO NOT buy the Thermaltake Aquarius II, DO NOT. I bought that POS about a year & a half ago. TT AII's pump has a tendency to fail. Try & get a replacement for that ........... (Not sold seperately). It did do fairly well, but the whole thing really is just a POS. Go with Asetek if your going to get a kit........May not be the best but it's relatively the same price. They have two different kits. One includes CPU block, Chipset block, & the VGA Block. The other just has a CPU block. Figuring your thinking of the Thermaltake Aquarius II, I don't think you would mind not having a VGA & chipset block. =]]]]]

-ºb§

Thanks alto for the suggestions. Since I'm a total newb to water cooling, thanks for the thoughts and insights. I'm primarily just want to cool my CPU, it's way too hot, and I want to OC it quite a bit and keep sound low (Volocano 7+ is just too loud :(

Back