• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my video card dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drenader

Hi I had an older computer just laying around and decided i should put it to good use since i purchased a new router. Anyway when i put it back together and powered her up the monitor never activated, it turned on but never had the green light come on and nothing ever appeared on the screen. Has my voodoo 5 met his match? How can i know if thats the problem? And if that the thing what videocard should replace it for a p3 450mhz system. Nothing powerful just something that is equivilent to the old voodoo 5 lol.

Thank you

Dre

Hmm, is it AGP or PCI ?, you just try and reset the bios, just remove that button batt for a few mins and see if that works. I dint think it coulda just died from sitting there, i've got a voodoo4 that ihad sitting around for a year and it ran just like new :)

its a pci, i dunno whats wrong, worked fine a few months ago, i evened cleaned all the dust off everything.

weird, since its PCI, i assume that that motherboard also has on-board video ?, if it does try plugging your monitor into the on-board video and see if your monitor comes on.

no onboard, the mother board actually has a graphic port, not sure why i purchased a pci when i did. And i tore up the old card, i know not ot do that anymore.

whats a good cheap replacment card that will do the same thing? This is just a secondary computer no real gaming needed.

get the cheapest agp vga card u can find! how about a riva tnt2 or something LOL... that would probably be like a couple bucks and still be an upgrade!

Back