• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD Projectors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Steve978

My dad is about to buy an LCD projector for our basement, were going to set it up as a TV, now I've already picked out an external standalone TV tuner for it, I have a Media computer already built for it, but now I need to pick out a good projector. My questions are pretty simple, whats the difference between SVGA and XGA just max resolution? and what are good brands and or models to look at, Budget is under 1000$ Thanks in advance.

SVGA is 800x600 and XGA is 1024.

Besides resolution, look for a higher ANSI lumens, though in a basement you should have no problem with blackout.

Couldn't tell you a good one now, mines six years old.

I'm still on my first bulb but then I only use it for a few hours a month. I think mine is only 1000hrs - I have an extra bulb, just as well, they may have stoped making them by now.

I aslo have a few dead pixels, but dust is the biggist problem - not on the lens but getting inside and producing purple grain on the image. Needs a service!

Back