• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding Xaser III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i hate TT man. There support sucks. I told them that there LED in the front crapped out and i told them i would pay for a new one and for shipping and they didnt even respond. I sent an email 2 weeks ago and another 1 week ago.

Is it that no one wants to get along here? Is that it? Here's the situation, I've closed this, I'm going to be sending a lot of PM warnings and possibily some bannings. Until then this thread will be closed and no one will create a new one to either continue on with this topic or to continue attacking others. This is going to take me a bit of time so don't expect this thread to be reopened immediately.

edit: Btw, don't be sitting on edge waiting, I've a full plate of real life to get through before I deal with this mess today.

Ok, after pruning a full page this thread will now be re-opened by me, please don't make me regret doing this. I will be expecting all to respect one another, if you have a problem with something someone else is doing PM myself or another mod, don't fire back. Thank you.

ok back to where we left off. does anyone know where i can buy one of those Blue Thermaltake LEDs that go in to front of the case?

Click here's a link to a guide to wire the LED..Looks like a 5mm / 2600 mcd intensity 3.7 volt ...Radio Shack # 276-316..

GUIDE LINK :)

The white wire is the ground wire ( - )..

After too many hours to count here is the finished product: Koolance Exos Liquid Cooling System, Swiftech CPU & GPU block, and Koolance Dual Hard Drive Coolers. I have also installed a 120mm Aluminum fan in the front and two aluminum fans in the back. Two different types of lights, either UV lights or blue lights depending on my mood (both have switches so you can turn one off and the other on). The hard drive cage for the two SATA drives is custom built from a strip of aluminum attached to the bottom of the floppy cage. The inside of the case has been painted black. There are still a few things I need to do, I am waiting to get my Hardcano 12 at the end of this month!!!

Attachments

• xaser01.jpg
    xaser01.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 379
That looks pretty cool, BlueDiamond.
Would it be possible to see a shot in regular light so we could marvel at the details?

sry guys i think u thought i meant that little led above the key hole. Although that doesnt work either, i was asking if anyone knew where i could get the flat led "Thermaltake" LED that is in front.

clocker,
the assembly is pretty much stalled until saturday when i hope to swap my components into the larger case.that takes more time than i have available mon-fri so i hope to make the swap then test the zalman using essentially the same fan set-up i currently use.this is too determine my gains by using the mobo wall fan.then if i have any energy left on sunday i might tear down again to install the sp-97 and see what's up with that.:D

edit: i really expect to see some benefit from the mobo wall fan too.running prime95 right now and my socket temp at 41c is 1c over my diode at 40C.expect it will alleviate some of the built up heat back there.

Last edited:
Well, I've been keeping a close eye on my temps lately, in anticipation of a comparison with you...
My socket varies from 5 to 8° lower than the diode temp.
I can't explain the variance-it doesn't seem to correlate with a particular activity and my diode stays fairly constant through most of the day.
Folding or not, sidepanel on or not...my diode stays between 32-35°C.
This is ignoring the temps I see first thing in the morning before the heat kicks on.
Typical ambient would be in the low 20s, I would guess.

If I remember correctly, the temp differential was more on the order of 3-5° when I was using a 80mm fan.
Just extrapolating, I would guess that you might see socket temps maybe 2-4° lower than the diode after you are up and running.

Why must you strip everything out to switch from the Zalman to the Thermalright? Is you mobowall hole not large enough to access the mounting screws?

Back