• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lcd seems fuzzy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

catdog

Registered
my dell 1800 ultra sharp lcd all of the sudden seems to be giving me eye strain? the text seems to be fuzzy and not as sharp as it was. anyone know what this could be. and what is the correct refresh rate for a lcd(im and 1024-768. ) getting serious eye strain!!!

What is the nativte resoultion of the pannel?

You should try setting it to that if its not already.

catdog said:
my dell 1800 ultra sharp lcd all of the sudden seems to be giving me eye strain? the text seems to be fuzzy and not as sharp as it was. anyone know what this could be. and what is the correct refresh rate for a lcd(im and 1024-768. ) getting serious eye strain!!!

Proper refresh rate is 60hz. And 1024x768 will always look fuzzy and distorted. 1280x1204 is the one and only resolution that will look super sharp on that lcd. If it's too small at 1280x1024 maybe move the monitor closer? :p Oh yeah, did cleartype get turned off? Text looks awful without cleartype, especially at non-native resolutions.

Back