• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What have you done to your PC-65's top blowhole?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grimdeath

The Lian-Li PC-65's top blow hole is a damn stamped square! It doesn't lend itself to pretty cutting. Should I just hack it with a dremel cutting wheel as good as I can and stick a grill on top and maybe use some rubber moulding around it (hard for a square)?

I don't want to cut a larger 120mm hole with the dremel; sounds like too much work - prefer to stick with 80mm.

I was wondering if simply adding a fan spacer (another hollowed out fan) between the blowfan and the factory stamping will have any effect to warrant not cutting it to keep it pretty and effective?

Hmm; the problem is that the square is so big that if you were to cut it round it would be much larger than 80mm so you might be able to do 92mm but more likely 120mm.

cutting with a dremel will be tough and most likely u will stratch your case, because the dremel jumps off. You will most likely break a bunch of cutting wheels. I would use tin snips and arch would say. They are green handle avation snips. They cost under 15 bucks. And then use a half or full round file.

Grimdeath said:
Hmm; the problem is that the square is so big that if you were to cut it round it would be much larger than 80mm so you might be able to do 92mm but more likely 120mm.

DOH....your right I just looked at my case.....looks like I'll use a 92mm

Back