• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help me out with WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th3 Saint

Goodevening everybody!
i`m new here and I believe that you`ve seen a lot of questions like this one but here it goes again.

I need a LOW NOISE system since I can`t stand my 4 fans in my ANTEC1080AMG case anymore. Do I`m thinking about watercooling.

I will overclock, but really not that much since I`m not an extreme fan of overcloking when it come to MOBO and CPU. (Video card well that`s another story ;) )

I`m looking at the Koolance EXOS AL, since I guess for a first timer is a decent system. Although I`ve seen that Koolance sells this case http://www.koolance.com/products/product.html?code=PC2-650BK&category_id=2 which is not bad at all and has the same price of the EXOS AL, plus you`re getting a modded case.

What do you think is better? EXOS AL or CASE?

Or the HydroCool200, although I`ve heard its not that silent! NOISE IS VERY IMPORTANT! :)

Thanks a lot

Th3 Saint

first off.. WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!
if you read though old topics on the forum or take the opinions for koolance and most external 'kits' sold on the internet, you'll see they're not quite favored amoung the ocforum community..
almost everyone will recommend an internal system (which i'm sure can fit in the antec case of yours, i have the same one) because it is better in preformance. Better preformance means you can get a quiet fan and still cool better then your current loud system.

check out the kits at..
www.dtekcustoms.com
www.dangerden.com
(and if you are on a budget) www.aquastealth.com

it will require some extra work, but in the end its worth it.

KornDog thanks a lot for the welcome and the reply! i`m sure I`ll ejoy this place a lot.I`ve look at the kit from Dtekcustoms and adding the WW block plus the Enheim 1250 pump.

My question now is: do this kits come with very very complete instructions?

Do any of this kit require modification of the case or just a matter of screwing things in....?

Are those kit more silent than the Koolance, provided that they yeld better results in term of temperature?

THANKS

Hmmm...let me put it this way. Assuming the same low noise level from each setup, you will get better temps with the DTek kit than with the Koolance setup. So yes, they have the potential to be even "more silent."

I don't know what kind of instructions the kits come with, but everything it pretty straightforward. Tubing goes on the barb...then to the next thing...etc. If you have any questions on setup feel free to ask, but it shouldn't be too hard at all.

The kit may require modification of the case, since the radiator isn't external like other kit systems. You need to put that heatercore somewhere, so cutting a 120mm hole in your case is advisable.

johan thanks for the input.

hmmm the cutting part I don`t like at all. I don`t have any other tools than a screwdriver and cutting might be difficult with that.

I wish it came with an external radiator! :(

shoot.

I think that most OCers dont go the kit route because they can usually get better performance building it themselves, also it gives them a chance/excuse to be creative with their system.

You will see a lot of WCed systems that are more unique than just a kit. Generally you will see a lot of case mods to go along with the system. Thats what I did when I put my WC rig together. I also found a not so common way to mount the radiator outside the case.

Its about individuality and performance needs.

If you dont intend to go the extreme OC route and just want to get a little more out of your proc then a kit will serve you well.

If you want to go all out and squeeze every last mhz out of your proc and make your system look cool in the process then building your own will give you that satisfaction.

THanks CGR thanks a lot.

I know what you mean. I`m not an extreme overclocker, but I don`t want to throw my money away either!

Kits are usually less expensive than building your own. Depends on the kit and who makes it.

I dont like external kits myself, I think they just take up more room and make things look messy.

Actually, the DTek kit is pretty much the same thing as most do it yourself people use - it's just packaged all up together and sold as a "kit." When people refer to a kit around here, they generally mean something like what you'd get from Koolance or Corsair Hydrocool - something along that route. The DTek kit is basically the parts that most DIY people would use, and is therefore usually considered a DIY kind of setup.

You could mount the radiator in the front of your case, below the drive bays and in front of the intake fans. That would work, but perhaps not as well as if the radiator drew in air directly.

If you are looking for a complete kit that needs no case mods to install, i would look at the Swiftech kits. Now they have a very nice kit that uses rads that will mount to 80m fans. You can use two of these rads in a case with very little effort. Also the Swiftech kit comes with a very nice 12vdc pump that also is very quiet. I think this is more of what you are looking for.

Just my $0.02

Good luck with the watercooling project :0)

Rokk I`ll be looking at the Swiftech kit today.

Any suggestions on parts to change or it is complete and very efficent (AND QUITE) as it is sold?

Thanks

Good idea Rokk. I think I'll expand on that. If you were to get the equivalent of the DTek kit minus the ProCore (radiator) and buy two swiftech 80mm radiators seperately, you could have a very nice system running the rads in parallel.

Back