• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton weeks, steppings, and results!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
can't believe im still in the market for a 2600+ xp-m. Anyone know a good website that still sells them? or better yet, anyone willing to part with their 2600+ xp-m that can preferabbly do 2.8ghz on air? =)

dippy_skoodlez said:
Socket A is long dead.

Buh...huh...wha...wait a minu..

my Socket A still works fine. It's not dead! :beer:

seriously though, Socket A is not quite dead yet. I still see people in these forums overclocking A-XP systems.

I never thought I'd find someone who's still running as many socket A cpus as I am. :D

I love 939, skipped 754, but socket A is still a big part of my arsenal. :sn:

benbaked said:
seriously though, Socket A is not quite dead yet. I still see people in these forums overclocking A-XP systems.

Its awefully hard to go "shopping" and see what results you get with a randomly drawn CPU.. and any results incoming wont have much of an effect anyways...:beer: They are out of production... well. for a LONG time now..

this used to be a sticky and isnt anymore for a reason. Axp's arent viable anymore. (Building from scratch)

AM2 semprons are $50, mobo is $40, and ram is $20-$30 a 256mb stick. :eek:

And absolutely smoke an axp in performance...:drool:

jiggamanjb said:
next you'll be telling me that AGP is dead!! LOL

Theres a lot of boards, but yes.. its dieing quickly.

As is IDE. A lot of new mobos are coming with a single IDE channel. :beer: Mainly cuz CDROMS arent easy to find Sata lol :bang head

However, Abit's ide->sata adaptors work quite nicely!

As for AGP, how many new agp cards you see? ;)

Back