• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo

Registered
On a Compaq 5170 what key do you hit to get into bios. Info would be greatly appreciated

mine was not the same model but i think it was F8 or F10 if your looking for overclocking settings in there dont waste your time there not there name brands compaq,dell, gateway, ect ect are almost impossible to overclock and if you do you cant get great results sorry

I'm afraid Outhouse is right, but there is a few utilities that might let you overclock a little, one is called "softfsb" and there are others but I can't remember the names, (must be my age).
These utilities will not work if your board has to be set by jumpers instead of in the bios :-(

Look for the numbers on the clock generator.....then use CPUFSB with the matching clock generator numbers and you could get SOME speed, but not very much. I did this and i got my celeron 533 to 626.....anything higher and it crashes after about 30 secs.

Back