• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artificating Stock with my FX5900?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MEMex

I've had this card for about 4 or 5 months now, and recently my video card makes lite chirping noises when I use my scroll button on my mouse to scroll up and down the forums... or when in SWG that the more stuff thats displayed the louder the chirping gets. (or more graphical something is = louder chirp)

Now just a few minutes ago, I started Artifacting when I opened up MSN messenger. I havn't O/Ced it since my last rig I had. My settings are at stock on the video card. Im assuming since my rig *in sig* that my power supply is the problem perhaps? Making the capcitors run overtime since the psu meets the minimal requirments to the mobo?

Has anyone had this problem or should I wait till the side panel of my computer blows off when the video card explodes :D

Last edited:
wow! sounds like u need a new card man.

Unless its really hot inside ur case or ur card is oc'd.
If it is take it back down to stock speeds NOW!
Also check to see if the heatsink fan is working.

On some intel chipsets, OC'ing the processor causes video artifacting at high FSB's. I know this is the case with my system, but I have no idea if it applies to AMD systems as well.

that noise is common with the 5900's.. mine has done it since day one, it comes and goes with drivers.. do a search and you will find plenty of topics on this issue..

nothing is wrong with your card..

GravY said:
that noise is common with the 5900's.. mine has done it since day one, it comes and goes with drivers.. do a search and you will find plenty of topics on this issue..

nothing is wrong with your card..

Hmm... i didn't think a search on google would help me on this issue, i'll surf the net with this.

But what woulda cuased it to discolor in windows?

Yes the fan/heatsink is definatly working, the fan is louder then a mofo :D The temp of the core is 45C and around 48C load... (it has the molex connector for the fan fyi)

Last edited:
I just ordered a 512mb stick of ram to add to the 768mb i have now and loaded the nVidia Fearie chick that does the little dance to see how much better framerate wise would be with it... but then when i think all is well, The screen artifacted like the comp was funcontaly retarted. An error box poped up entitled "nVidia" saying:

"Your video card has reported that there is not a sufficiant source of power to continue normal operation, the video card will now UNDERCLOCK to prevent system damage."

wow, a stick of ram just did that, damn... i already have two powersupplies running this rig :rolleyes:

Back