Page 59 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2193
    Senior Head of Import Performance

Man, better get that goodwrench floor mat protector out of there. Ford owners the world around are up in arms already, lol.
    -Mike
    Main: i7 950, EVGA Classified, 3x4gb Ballistix, 4870x2 @ 852/1000, 2 x 128gb Mushkin IOs, Dell S2309W, EK Supreme HF/MCP655/Koolance 487x2/PA120.3, TX850
    HTPC: AMD X4 630 @ 3.1GHz, Prolimatech Samuel 17, M4A88T-M, 8GB DDR3 1333, HD3450, 2x1TB, Ceton InifiniTV4, Silverstone GD05B case
    Gateway P-7805u FX/Gateway LT3119u w/ X25-M 80gb
    My Heat My Website

WRX's and Evo's make me think of the Jackie Chan's car in the movie Cannonball run.

They're fast cars, but really not attractive in my opinion.

A Mitsubishi Starion isn't exactly comparable to the cars we're talking about... The psuedo Evo (III as I remember) in Jackie Chan's Who Am I, and the driving that goes with it, are both beautiful.
    -Mike
    Main: i7 950, EVGA Classified, 3x4gb Ballistix, 4870x2 @ 852/1000, 2 x 128gb Mushkin IOs, Dell S2309W, EK Supreme HF/MCP655/Koolance 487x2/PA120.3, TX850
    HTPC: AMD X4 630 @ 3.1GHz, Prolimatech Samuel 17, M4A88T-M, 8GB DDR3 1333, HD3450, 2x1TB, Ceton InifiniTV4, Silverstone GD05B case
    My Heat My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike
    A Mitsubishi Starion isn't exactly comparable to the cars we're talking about... The psuedo Evo (III as I remember) in Jackie Chan's Who Am I, and the driving that goes with it, are both beautiful.
    Not as beautiful as that FD though.
    Intel Core i7-2600K, Biostar TP67XE, EVGA GTX 570, 6gb Mushkin Radioactive, Corsair 850TX, Noctua NH-D14, Corsair 800D
    Heatware

Only reason I hat that GM Goodwrench floor mat in was to protect the carpet since my floor mat was gone. LOL!!
    "When the rich wage war it's the poor who die." - LP

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranos
    Don't the 06 wrx and STI have the same engine code. I didn't think much was different between the two. I've also been hearing that the 06 WRX's pushed more around 260hp at the crank instead of the rated 230, proven on dynos.
    Yeah, I was pretty sure the STI and WRX now have almost the exact same engine. Just the WRX still uses the turbo from the 2L motor. Subaru turned down the boost though so that the WRX still has the same power as before. As for the power it has, my '03 WRX got pwned by SRT-4's left and right once we picked up speed. The WRX lacks the power to keep up its acceleration as it nears the limited speed. I don't think it would get much further than the limited 135 even without the limiter. The new ones should be a piece of cake to get a lot more power on. I like my bug eyes though.

As for the dangers of going fast, I don't really agree. I don't see how you can lose control of the car in a straight line. The only thing is when I drive non-performance cars at the top speed, I have to use several lanes of the highway to most safely make a turn because those tires are too skinny and not sticky enough, for example the Mitsubishi Gallant or Toyota Sienna. Also I remember my old VW Passat would bounce and shake like crazy at its low top speed of only 98.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranos
    Not as beautiful as that FD though.
    Why thank you, it's a long running project, but I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I took some risks (the body work is parts from 4 different manufacturers) but I think it turned out great. I still have some odds and ends that need finished but looks wise at least its about finished, other than lowering, i just cant justify putting anything less than GOOD coilovers on it since its an R1 package car already.
    -Mike
    My Heat My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Quailane
    Yeah, I was pretty sure the STI and WRX now have almost the exact same engine. Just the WRX still uses the turbo from the 2L motor. Subaru turned down the boost though so that the WRX still has the same power as before. As for the power it has, my '03 WRX got pwned by SRT-4's left and right once we picked up speed. The WRX lacks the power to keep up its acceleration as it nears the limited speed. I don't think it would get much further than the limited 135 even without the limiter. The new ones should be a piece of cake to get a lot more power on. I like my bug eyes though.

As for the dangers of going fast, I don't really agree. I don't see how you can lose control of the car in a straight line. The only thing is when I drive non-performance cars at the top speed, I have to use several lanes of the highway to most safely make a turn because those tires are too skinny and not sticky enough, for example the Mitsubishi Gallant or Toyota Sienna. Also I remember my old VW Passat would bounce and shake like crazy at its low top speed of only 98.
    the wrx/sti are not made for drag/fast acceleration raceing. they are basicly rally cars. they are setup for turns.

like my my stock motor integra 170fw hp, whoops up on 400+ stangs ect.. at the solo auto cross track.
    CPU-----------------------Intel 2600k@4.6
    MOTHERBOARD---------Asus p8z68-v Pro/Gen 3
    MEMORY-----------------G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133Mhz
    COOLING----------------Corsair H100
    CASE---------------------Corsair 650D
    VIDEO--------------------Sapphire 7950 OC (1100/1575)
    MONITOR----------------BenQ FP241VW
    STORAGE----------------120GB Intel 520 (OS), 2x 64GB Super Talent Ultra Drive ME Raid 0 (Games), 1x WD Black 1TB (Storage)
    POWER------------------Corsair-850HX
    Heatware :beer:

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe
    Laser Red, black leather, small spoiler, 6 cd in dash, premium sound....
    basically full package but the navigation (have absolutely no need for it)
    Everything is completely stock so no real point in posting a picture. I have no plans whatsoever on modding the look of the car because the look is pretty much why I bought it.....I think it's perfect as is.

However if I ever do and mods to it the car is going straight to these guys http://www.violentracing.com/ strictly for a full engine build, TT, exhaust, brakes......basically replacing everything from intake to exhaust to get 500+rwhp. I will however keep it completely stock as far as exterior/interior is concerned with everything 100% stealthed but quickly accessible.

Oh yeah, btw, despite being a 2004 I've only got 7,000 miles on it.

Figured I would post an update of my ride..

Here is a before shot ,

Not bad , but looked to much like a soccer mom SUV . .

And now 95% done , Just waiting on a cowl hood, I have a 6" lift , Rims and 35" tires , and a custom tune on the PCM..Been keeping me so busy computers have taken a back seat for a while !

Wow! That looks like a toyota land cruiser on steroids! And I thought my STi got bad gas milage!
    System: ASRock P67 Extreme6, i7-2600k @ 4.6 GHz, 16GiB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Galaxy GTX 570 & EVGA GTX570 in SLI @ stock, 120GB Corsair F120 SSD for Win 7 Pro x64, WD Caviar Black 1 TB for everything else, Lite-On Dual layer DVDRW, Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W PSU, CM690 II advanced case.
    Accessories: ACER 23" WS LCD + ACER 21" WS for web/TS/etc. DIY 4-way monitor stand. Logitech G35 headset, Idelazon Fang keypad, Logitech G9 mouse, Zalman FPS Gun mouse, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, momo racing wheel w/ pedals.
    Water Cooling : Replumbed to one single loop. Apogee GTZ CPU block, MCR220 w/ 2x Panaflo 120x38 'M's, MCR220 w/ 2x Panaflo 120x38 'H's, MCP350 w/ bored over Alphacoool top. MCP220 drive with second MCP350 in series w/first. 2x MCW60 GPU blocks Temps: TBD

Blackbelt Ubercloxx0r My Current Rig My First WC Rig DIY Nvidia Surround Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Owenator
    Wow! That looks like a toyota land cruiser on steroids! And I thought my STi got bad gas milage!

Bad gas millage ? 14.5 mpg mixed driving 18+ Highway For 5000lb truck lifted I would call that great millage

Wait A TOYOTA !! Good thing we are far apart or i would run ya over Toyota man ..Where is that STI , I feel a need to car crush,,Wait lets start small I can run over your computer first !

diehrd, how can you drive around in a lifted truck? Last week I rented a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer with only a few hundred miles on it and added about 1500 more. Every time I made a turn I felt like I was going to die. And I thought hyundai's had wishy washy handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Quailane
    diehrd, how can you drive around in a lifted truck? Last week I rented a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer with only a few hundred miles on it and added about 1500 more. Every time I made a turn I felt like I was going to die. And I thought hyundai's had wishy washy handling.
    Well it is all in what you buy for a lift , This lift is GM approved , Maintains factory ride and alignment specs and is firmer in turns because of the gas shock up grade.. If I drove ya around in it you would actually be amazed ,, no lean at all and smooth as it was from factory , if you have ridden in a stock Tahoe then you know it is as smooth as a caddy ...

No soccer mom here , I own a construction company and can not look like an Account driving site to site LOL..

Inactive Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by diehrd
    Well it is all in what you buy for a lift , This lift is GM approved , Maintains factory ride and alignment specs and is firmer in turns because of the gas shock up grade.. If I drove ya around in it you would actually be amazed ,, no lean at all and smooth as it was from factory , if you have ridden in a stock Tahoe then you know it is as smooth as a caddy ...

No soccer mom here , I own a construction company and can not look like an Account driving site to site LOL..
    couldn't you always upgrade your suspension and make it a little tighter, or did you already do that?
    ASUS Crosshair V *Water* | FX-8320 Enzotech Sapphire CPU block | 8GB Mushkin 2133 | 6970 2GB | 256GB SSD | SB X-Fi Elite Pro | Corsair 520W Modular | 3x 26" Asus VW266H Eyefinity 5760x1200 | DDC pump with petra top @ 18w, Thermochill HE 120.3 w/ 3x120x38mm Deltas 152cfm on controller |
    Xbox 360 Gamertag: g0dMAn114
    Top 5 Heatware
    **IHS Removal Tutorial**HotFlashing Tutorial**DFI NF4 UTT Problems**Funny-ChuckNorrisFacts**Custom RAM Cooler**
    nightelph: I wanted to play so bad last night but I was OC'ing my video card.

Quote Originally Posted by g0dM@n
    couldn't you always upgrade your suspension and make it a little tighter, or did you already do that?
    Tighter in what respect ? Ya don't want it to ride like you are steel to steel , and you need to allow suspension travel , The kit accommodates the roll issues and allows for full suspension travel which as designed by GM is perfectly fine.

If I was rock climbing or mud bogging I would look closer at suspension mods, but for a daily driver , that off roads with a local club I am fine and one of the best equipped ones the club has if not the best. To do more severe off roading would only require a tire change to total off road tires . .

Someone have a lan , Ill drive up and ya all can take a ride to see what I mean.SO lets get a lan set up asap I need system upgrades and some killing action in a game ! like that one i went to 2 years ago. I buy breakfasts !

Figured I would post an update of my ride..

Here is a before shot ,

Not bad , but looked to much like a soccer mom SUV . .

And now 95% done , Just waiting on a cowl hood, I have a 6" lift , Rims and 35" tires , and a custom tune on the PCM..Been keeping me so busy computers have taken a back seat for a while !

now this thread is going my direction, beautiful truck man
    Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
    i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 5.0GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6970
    Crucial M4 128GB III SSD
    HITACHI 750GB 7200RPM SATA
    Noctua NH-D14
    Corsair 650D

Inactive Moderator
    Someone have a lan , Ill drive up and ya all can take a ride to see what I mean.SO lets get a lan set up asap I need system upgrades and some killing action in a game ! like that one i went to 2 years ago. I buy breakfasts !
    Does the girl in your avatar ride the front passenger seat?? Cuz if so... I'm in!!!
    ASUS Crosshair V *Water* | FX-8320 Enzotech Sapphire CPU block | 8GB Mushkin 2133 | 6970 2GB | 256GB SSD | SB X-Fi Elite Pro | Corsair 520W Modular | 3x 26" Asus VW266H Eyefinity 5760x1200 | DDC pump with petra top @ 18w, Thermochill HE 120.3 w/ 3x120x38mm Deltas 152cfm on controller |
    Top 5 Heatware
    **IHS Removal Tutorial**HotFlashing Tutorial**DFI NF4 UTT Problems**Funny-ChuckNorrisFacts**Custom RAM Cooler**

Quote Originally Posted by g0dM@n
    Does the girl in your avatar ride the front passenger seat?? Cuz if so... I'm in!!!

No she don't ,, BUT I can ride your woman up front , in back , under it , or wherever she finds it most fun !!

Thanks Rhino56 !

Inactive Moderator
    No she don't ,, BUT I can ride your woman up front , in back , under it , or wherever she finds it most fun !!

Thanks Rhino56 !
    I knew you'd get where I was goin' with this... thanks for being a great friend and offering such great services!!

So when's our next LAN, for real... you didn't show up last time.
    Top 5 Heatware

Page 59 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 ... LastLast