• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD playback is distorted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hey guys. Been a while since I posted. I have a problem playing back DVD's on my LCD monitor. Its a 17' SHARP LL-T17A4-B. I can playback MPEG's and AVI's fine that I've downloaded, but when I play DVDs, the screen flickers. I'm not sure what the problem is. I don't thing it has to do with the refresh rate or response time (75Hz and 20ms). Any advice? My system is in my sig. Thanks! :)

are you sure it has something to do with the monitor? it sounds like a non-monitor problem if mpegs and avis dont flick but dvd's do. do you use the same app to playback dvds as the other video formats? (I'd recomend powerdvd if you aren't already using it). also the dvd-rom might be the problem, as it might not be able to read back dvds info as quick as it should (i've seen this on laptops). I know i'm not being direct with an answer, but I would need more info.

You should have zero problems playing DVD's on your rig. I suspect a codec problem. Try reinstalling your DVD software, also make sure you have "hardware" playback selected with the Radeon instead of software playback....your rig should be able to handle either without problem but I prefer hardware myself...

Back