• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Decision time....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Demonghast

Ok I had a post on here a while ago about a system I was getting ready to build. Well I've bought everything but the CPU.

So far I've picked up an NF7-2 rev2.0, 512meg XMS PC3200 Corsair Ram, Enermax 460watt whisper PSU, Thermalright 900U, and a lot of fans and a control unit to handle them all. Got it all in a big Cheiftech server case waiting to go.

Now the problem is with the CPU. I tried finding a mobile 2500+ (here in Alberta, Canada) and the best price I could find was $250 CND or $190 USD, which is basically robbery since they have them on newegg for $95 USD. I looked through piles of 2500+ bartons trying to find an unlocked one and no go there.

So my options are bascially a 2500+ locked barton or a 2100+ tbred B that a friend of mine will sell me for the cost of a 2500+ barton. The barton is $109 CND so pretty cheap really. What should I go with? I can't really afford the $250 for an unlocked multi on the mobile and besides for that price I could buy a 3000+ and overclock that (unless of course someone knows of a retailer here that is selling mobiles at a reasonable price).

Thnx in advance for the advice.

Can't someone in the US just buy the mobile for you and then ship it to you if you pay for it and the shipping and a small labor fee? :D

lol I already thought of that! Actually I was going to take a drive down there and get one (it's about a 3 hour drive to the border) but it's illegal to bring any computer hardware back across the border. Don't ask me why... I don't know. But they have signs up warning you about it, and I don't want to end up on the news as a suspect CPU smuggler heheh

wow i thought herb was the main thing canadians were concerned with getting over the border, not hardware LOL :D

Back