radio-type commercials playing at random...

Hey people my problem here is simple...

for the past few days, I have been hearing this same radio commecial just start playing through my speakers. I know its coming from the computer because I turn up the volume and it gets loulder...

Its like a commercial for some movie, "club red" i believe... but anyway its starting to freak me out, I have NAV 2002 installed but it hasn't really said anything as far as there being any viruii in the system....

I guess I will run a full system scan via NAV and online through TrendMicro.. but what do you guys think?

Inactive Pokémon Moderator JigPu's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    If no virii show up, try searching for Ad/Spyware on your system with Ad-Aware and Spybot.

JigPu
    .... ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
    .... Intel Core i5 2500 ........................ 4 thread ...... 3300 MHz ......... -0.125 V
    2x ASUS GTX 560 Ti ............................... 1 GiB ....... 830 MHz ...... 2004 MHz
    .... G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage ............. 8 GiB ..... 1600 MHz ............ 1.25 V
    .... OCZ Vertex 3 ................................. 120 GB ............. nilfs2 ..... Arch Linux
    .... Kingwin LZP-550 .............................. 550 W ........ 94% Eff. ....... 80+ Plat
    .... Nocuta NH-D14 ................................ 20 dB ..... 0.35 C°/W ................ 7 V

"In order to combat power supply concerns, Nvidia has declared that G80 will be the first graphics card in the world to run entirely off of the souls of dead babies. This will make running the G80 much cheaper for the average end user."
    "GeForce 8 Series." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. 7 Aug 2006, 20:59 UTC. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. 8 Aug 2006.

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."
    10 Year Badge
    its AIM
    My Prime95 stats Huzza
    1004.793 Years total
    Noli turbare circulos meos!
    i'm moving to Theory, Everything works there
    ' I want to be the unwobbling pivot at the center of an ever-revolving universe; I want to be still.'

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Crash893
    its AIM [/QUOTE0]

Really? I just happen to be an avid AIM user... I'll run a spyware/adware scan too

Yeh definatly sounds like Spyware/ADware

God i hate that crap....

also it could be youre speakers try moving them around, as they can pick up radio signals

Nah - it's definitely AIM - it's not spyware or anything, it's part of the program. There is a free patch out there somewhere that will get rid of the ads, I forget the name, just search for AIM wudio ads or something in google.
    i5 2500k @4.2

Thanks for the support everyone

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."
    10 Year Badge
    i thihnk ( not sure)

just minimizing aim should keep it from doing it

i got it once too

is there a way to block aim's access to port 80
    My Prime95 stats Huzza
    1004.793 Years total
    Noli turbare circulos meos!
    i'm moving to Theory, Everything works there
    ' I want to be the unwobbling pivot at the center of an ever-revolving universe; I want to be still.'

I'm sure there is a way to block AIM's access to port 80, but I'd rather attack the problem directly, as in removing that annoying feature or whatever you want to call it...