• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radio-type commercials playing at random...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iNSiGMA

Hey people my problem here is simple...

for the past few days, I have been hearing this same radio commecial just start playing through my speakers. I know its coming from the computer because I turn up the volume and it gets loulder...

Its like a commercial for some movie, "club red" i believe... but anyway its starting to freak me out, I have NAV 2002 installed but it hasn't really said anything as far as there being any viruii in the system....

I guess I will run a full system scan via NAV and online through TrendMicro.. but what do you guys think?

If no virii show up, try searching for Ad/Spyware on your system with Ad-Aware and Spybot.

JigPu

also it could be youre speakers try moving them around, as they can pick up radio signals

Nah - it's definitely AIM - it's not spyware or anything, it's part of the program. There is a free patch out there somewhere that will get rid of the ads, I forget the name, just search for AIM wudio ads or something in google.

i thihnk ( not sure)

just minimizing aim should keep it from doing it

i got it once too

is there a way to block aim's access to port 80

I'm sure there is a way to block AIM's access to port 80, but I'd rather attack the problem directly, as in removing that annoying feature or whatever you want to call it...

Back