• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking with slotket????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dilosolid

Registered
i have a celeron500 ppga and the slotket have jumpers to set the bus speed 66/100/133 can i overclock my cpu that way??

That's one BIG jump from 66 to 100 FSB, and I don't see a PPGA Celley making 750 MHz. Intel was pushing the limit of the core at 533, there's more to be had, for sure, but I don't believe a PPGA will go THAT far.

The multiplier on that 500 Celeron is 7.5 (66 FSB x 7.5 = 495 MHz (500) ). To run it at 100 FSB would be 750 MHz. If you look in the database on the front page here, there's only one entry for a 500 @ 750 chip, with the majority clocking in at 624 or so (83 FSB). 83 is a tough place to be, as the PCI bus is way out of whack at that point. This is the setting you usually hear of people having problems with expansion cards, data corruption, etc....

By all means, give it a try. I sincerely hope you get a good one to work with, but I think the odds are against you on this one.

Mr B

Back