• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

protesting the gig jig.(humerous).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sendatooli

my poor tired 700 is now up to 2.1vcore to be stable at 1016mhz and rising!
i was never able to get it to run 1050 all the way up to 2.4v.(yes, a bad idea).
well it will now run 1050 at 2.25v. but i figure without exotic cooling it will die in a matter of days at that voltage. so i am just gonna run it at 1016 untill it dies. 700's are cheap here now. geez, i may even get something faster if it dies. so if you guys dont see me around here for a few days, you can assume i killed my poor old cpu! wont be the first one ive made in to a keychain. ahh, my key ring looks like i work in a computer jail! haha.
well right now i dont have anymore questions as they have all been answered. i never seem to get the cpu with the easy o/c. oh well.

oh actually i do have but one question. what is intel's stated(tech doc) maximum vcore for a cc0 700? haha. and does that mean the maximum it will run at, or flip the switch at that voltage and kaboom? (i know this has been answered a million times here, but please, humer me one more time!)

please dont call me an idiot!,
sendatooli.

I believe the max vc on the Intel spec is around 2.1v...but i stand under correction...
regards

hmm, i was under the impression it was 2.3, if anyone has a link to the spec sheet(for cc0) that would be helpfull. i know the link has been posted before. i just cant find it in the search. the highest vcore in the cpu database is 2.5 for a flipchip!!! i doubt it lasted long. maybe it did, im never so lucky.

its still running, now at 2.14v!!

call me crazy,
sendatooli.

wOw

2.3v I won't even run my old celerons, which can handle that voltage, above 2.20

That's definitely going to force the purchase of a new processor, probably sooner than you'll like...

We'll miss you while you're down ; )

well at 1016mhz at 1.95v, this chip runs 95% of everything rock stable. at 2.05v it runs 99.5% of everything rock stable. the only thing it wont run is 3dmark2k1 looping. it locks at any voltage after 15 times or so. maybe it doesnt like 96mhz agp bus. so for now im sticking with 2.05 which many people stated the have used for a while without bad results.

if the only thing i cant do is loop 3dmark2k1 for hours, i can live with that.

thank you,
sendatooli.

sendatooli (Jun 07, 2001 08:13 a.m.):
hmm, i was under the impression it was 2.3, if anyone has a link to the spec sheet(for cc0) that would be helpfull. i know the link has been posted before. i just cant find it in the search. the highest vcore in the cpu database is 2.5 for a flipchip!!! i doubt it lasted long. maybe it did, im never so lucky.

its still running, now at 2.14v!!

call me crazy,
sendatooli.

Here, i found a link in one of the older posts,
http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm
i'll try and see if i can find the thermal design guide on the Intel site...
regards

indeed, it says 2.1v. strange i have run mine up to 2.35 and others have ran theirs even higher. guess thats playing with fire. or some chips are more tolerant than others. well my chip is strange since it will take way more voltage than is expected. it needs this high voltage to be stable over a gig.
whereas other people have hit a gig with very low voltage. those are probably the chips that would burn out at higher voltage. well i guess im lucky that my chip will accept the voltage it needs to run over a gig. strange though, for a cc0. hmm, it hasent burned out yet(fingers crossed).

sendatooli.

sendatooli (Jun 08, 2001 04:41 a.m.):
indeed, it says 2.1v. strange i have run mine up to 2.35 and others have ran theirs even higher. guess thats playing with fire. or some chips are more tolerant than others. well my chip is strange since it will take way more voltage than is expected. it needs this high voltage to be stable over a gig.
whereas other people have hit a gig with very low voltage. those are probably the chips that would burn out at higher voltage. well i guess im lucky that my chip will accept the voltage it needs to run over a gig. strange though, for a cc0. hmm, it hasent burned out yet(fingers crossed).

sendatooli.

Well i've just had a look at the Intel data Sheet for these procs, from the 500 to the 1gig, absolute max. ratings for these according to what i've seen is 2.1v...
What are you using to cool your setup ? What sort of temps are you running @ idle and full load ? Just curious...
regards

right now i deceided to run at 2.05v. it runs everything 99.5% fine at this voltage. its just gosh darn 3dmark 2k1 that wont loop for more than half an hour all the way up to 2.35v! so im figuring it is 3dmarks fault and not my cpu. hmm, im gonna try 3dmark at 700mhz and see what happens, just to be sure.

anyways, im using a pep66 with custom made bracket(holds it on tighter). lapped the pep66 slightly. artic silver and delta 38cfm. plus a lot of other case fans.
in the last couple of days i have actually managed to lower my case temp!
system temp is 27-28c idle 35-36c under max load. cpu temp is 30-32c idle and 44-46 under max load. by max load i mean, cpu burn,bx burn, mmx burn and quake3 running at the same time!!!! i know, overkill. even though those apps run in the background all that at once takes 100% utilization and runs the cpu hotter than just one app alone. hey, its stable!
furthermore, just running quake3 OR cpu burn by themselves gives me approx. 33c system temp and 40-42 cpu temp.

not bad for air cooling,eh?
now if i could just figure out how to use a queiter fan.
well i guess its a miracle that i have run it up to 2.35v(for over a week) and did not kill it!

fingers crossed,
sendatooli.

sendatooli (Jun 08, 2001 01:19 p.m.):
right now i deceided to run at 2.05v. it runs everything 99.5% fine at this voltage. its just gosh darn 3dmark 2k1 that wont loop for more than half an hour all the way up to 2.35v! so im figuring it is 3dmarks fault and not my cpu. hmm, im gonna try 3dmark at 700mhz and see what happens, just to be sure.

anyways, im using a pep66 with custom made bracket(holds it on tighter). lapped the pep66 slightly. artic silver and delta 38cfm. plus a lot of other case fans.
in the last couple of days i have actually managed to lower my case temp!
system temp is 27-28c idle 35-36c under max load. cpu temp is 30-32c idle and 44-46 under max load. by max load i mean, cpu burn,bx burn, mmx burn and quake3 running at the same time!!!! i know, overkill. even though those apps run in the background all that at once takes 100% utilization and runs the cpu hotter than just one app alone. hey, its stable!
furthermore, just running quake3 OR cpu burn by themselves gives me approx. 33c system temp and 40-42 cpu temp.

not bad for air cooling,eh?
now if i could just figure out how to use a queiter fan.
well i guess its a miracle that i have run it up to 2.35v(for over a week) and did not kill it!

fingers crossed,
sendatooli.

You can say that again...
regards

Back