• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way to watch dvd's on dual display?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BinarySuperman

I was curious to know if I bought two 20 inch lcd's, would I be able to someone watch my dvd's on it like one big widescreen lcd?

BinarySuperman said:
I was curious to know if I bought two 20 inch lcd's, would I be able to someone watch my dvd's on it like one big widescreen lcd?

Yes, IF you are using a dual head Nvidia card that supports the Horizontal Span display mode.

I tried it once with my 17" Lcd's and it worked.

Al

I know that the ATIs can only display 3D and Videos on the primary monitor. So those cards can't do it. I would check into the Nvidias and the Matrox cards to see what you can come up with.

{PMS}fishy said:
I know that the ATIs can only display 3D and Videos on the primary monitor.

Actually, if you use the right player you can play Dvd's (or Mpeg's, etc) on either the primary or secondary monitors (But not both at the same time) using an Ati AIW card. TV functionality will only work on the primary.

Al

I'm using an msi ti4200, 128mb w/ VIVO. It has 2 vga inputs on the back of the card. I'm thinking about getting another samsung 19inch and watching movies in widescreen. Only thing is, there is going to be a 2 1/2 inch bar in the middle of the movie. I will have to think about how much It will bother me.

BinarySuperman said:
I'm using an msi ti4200, 128mb w/ VIVO. It has 2 vga inputs on the back of the card. I'm thinking about getting another samsung 19inch and watching movies in widescreen. Only thing is, there is going to be a 2 1/2 inch bar in the middle of the movie. I will have to think about how much It will bother me.

It bothered me, I only tried it as an experiment as I had the parts available. I dont think I could actually watch a whole movie without that divider driving me nuts.;) You never seem to watch both screens at the same time, always switching your eyes back and forth.

Yeah, I don't think I can handle it. Plus another 19inch dynaflat and I won't have space for my new Xaser V. I think I'll wait till I can afford a decent widescreen lcd. Till then, I'll just use what I have. Thanks for the help.

Back