• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Komusa PC4200 Adata chips 301mhz 2.9v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
While this 2.8C I have does seem to be a really nice chip, to find out just how good this memory is will require a swap for my 2.4C.
I'll be back with some new results later. This RAM easily does DDR500 though, which is a nice change..

mattspalace

I would be surprised if you didn't get 560-580 DDR our those sticks. I haven't been as lucky as some to get 1:1 at 290+ dual channel but its a rock at 284. Get a random error 1 in every 25 test runs with memtest from 285-290 at 1:1 so I call it good at 284 since it passed all the 24hr prime,3d, etc tests.

Waiting to hear about the 2.4c. I got mine up to 298 on the Adata on the AI7 at 5:4 only good to 290 at 1:1 (post, run bench marks, not prime stable over 8hrs).

flapperhead was your mem scores on the IC7? This AI7 is 300+ or so lower than my IS7 clock for clock in Sandra bench marks. Didn't notice much in anything else.

flapperhead

What are you Ram settings and game acc? Can you run at cas 2.5 above 260? Can you run 2.5,3,3,7 below 250? Seems the best I can do is 2.5,4,3,7 upto 265 then its 3,4,4,8 up to 290.

you know those are some good questions, i can run around 220-224 @2-3-3-5. but i havent tested speeds with 2.5-4-4-7 .my game acc i put to auto. my 2.5 timings are probably the same as yours, but when i get a chance ill test them..

So, I'm gathering that this RAM would suck on the Athlon 64? I think the A64 would choke on 3-4-4-8. Too bad, I'm considering a Shuttle AN50R and my Buffalo CH5 isn't up to the task, unless I drop to 6:5.

Last edited:
Alda,

Maxvla's very first post when he started this thread was on an AMD64 rig. All things considered, it was kicking a lot of butt Sandra-wise even despite it's very lax timings. Go have a look :)

Sandra scores are pretty. Real-world apps and a comparison to a lower FSB with tighter timings would be prettier. Loose timings are one thing, but 3-4-4-8? I find it hard to believe those settings could beat a substantially lower FSB with tight timings on the A64.

maxvla's 301 is a whole lot of bw, yes even at 3-4-4-8. is it the fastest for every app and game,?probably not. bh5/bh6 is great ram, but its expensive and rare now. and to get to 240- 250 u need plenty of volts.. max is running this stuff at 2.9, and u just cant beat the price..

I know some of you have been looking for some results from me and my 1GB kit of Adata PC4200... So here's where I'm sitting right now..I swapped out my 2.8C for my 2.4C (My 2.8C is still a sweet CPU).

CPU 2.4C SL6Z3 - unbelievably enough, I got this off Newegg refurbs. Thank you to whomever sent this back so I could get a 1GHz overclock!

Currently using 1.6v to the CPU, 2.9v to the memory, 3-4-4-8 timings and the following:

CPU/RAM Ratio = 1:1
FSB for both = 285MHz
Operating frequency of 3.42GHz (Stable and room for more)
GAT/PAT = A-A-A-D-D
Sandra mem bandwidth = 6350MB/s

Needless to say I'm VERY impressed with this memory. :D

My guess is this is going to do just as well as a 2 x 256 kit, as I'm nearly there now. I'm just making sure everything is stable.

Will post more later! Woooo!!! this is FUN!

mattspalace , great OC at 1:1...GO FOR 300!!! That would be so good to have a 1:1 300FSB rocket :D

Keep us posted. Looks like 290 has been done so its time for more.

When you hit your max could you bencth SuperPi, PCMark04, and 3dmark01 - before and after would be good but who has all that data just lying aroung :)

Thanks

Well it passed memtest-86 at 285fsb with no errors so I'm sure there is room for more.. I think this memory doesn't particularly like high voltage though. It seems most happy at 2.9v.

Yeah when I find the highest I can go stable, I'll run some benchies and post screenies.

Any thing over v3 and the Adata I have got very unstable. This is why I think all those none volt modded boards should do fine with this stuff.

hmmm..anyone seen stuff that does this..? wow just noticed most of use on this page has been here for a long time..:)

buff2.JPG

Last edited:
WOW, ive only seen numbers like that once and the guy was running 300 1-1..

correction: his numbers were about 7000. What are u running and HOW fast???..

WOW :cool:

:clap:

I assume that Max has no mods and running at 1:1 low volts to the Ram? That is an awesome OC GWAR. Post all your specs, Chip, Memory timings, PAT/GAT settings, etc.

Well that ate my AI7 for lunch :eek:

flapperhead said:
maxvla's 301 is a whole lot of bw, yes even at 3-4-4-8. is it the fastest for every app and game,?probably not. bh5/bh6 is great ram, but its expensive and rare now. and to get to 240- 250 u need plenty of volts.. max is running this stuff at 2.9, and u just cant beat the price..

Then how well does this memory run with tight timings? Is it even possible?

Back