• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron II 800 seems to look like the best chip to overclock.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carmine_Paterno

After looking at how cheap Processors are, i see that the Celeron II 800 looks the most appatizing. The P3 700 are not out anymore, and even if they were, i wouldn't buiy one because i know 4 people who have bought them, 1 couldn't get past 860, the other 3 933 was max. If i got the 800 to 1100, it would run like a 933 at a fraction of the cost. Seems good to me, what do you guys think?

Or i could get a 800 duron @ 1100...... :)

It will have to be a special Duron 800 to get to 1100 as most of them stop just above 1 ghz.. the Duron 700 has more chance of getting there I would have thought.
My Duron 800 runs @ 1050

Yep and a duron at 1050, will spank a celly at 1100, and i am an intel chip lover, so thats sayin summat.
Theres a guy on here with a celly 800@1200!!!! now thats just plain crazy.
Now if you bought a duron ud need a new mobo too.

I bought a Celeron II 800 two weeks ago, have no problem running 117 x 8 even at default voltage, tried 127 x 8 last night with no luck but that could just be the problem with my PC100 memory, will try again soon.

I've been checking the CPU database specs on the Cel 800, and Dayummm! this chip looks SWEET! I do believe I will order one to replace the 600 I murdered yesterday.

Just checked pricewatch. The 800 OEM is $66.00 and the retail can be had for $77. Think I'll see if PCNUT has any.
UpdateHe's got them at $107.00 OEM last price update was 6/3/01

I'm glad some people are finally realizing this! I bought a Celeron 800 in March when it just came out, and a lot of people just said it's nothing more than a remarked 533a, but I don't see any 533a doing 1Ghz straight out of the box with default voltages! Another thing a lot of people tend to forget is that the Duron has 64kb more full-speed cache and a 200Mhz FSB, so it's a big accomplishment for the 'poor' Celeron 800 to even come close to it! Mine runs a gig default and will do 1066 (8*133) but with 3.8Vio which I don't like at all... I also found out that underclocking the PCI bus gets me an unstable system. So I need to get above 100Mhz or above 133Mhz. I can get to 1120Mhz (8*140) with a lot of upping voltages, but maybe I should try another mobo. I'm also using a cheap generic slocket right now...

Tried again last night by replacing the PC100 memory by PC133 ones. Yes my Celeron II 800 also made it to 1 G ( 127 x 8 ) at default voltages. Too bad I wasn't thinking of overclocking this chip when I bought the motherboard, I just chosen one with no voltage control !!!

ouch thats gotta hurt.
If you had an old slot 1 board, u could get a slocket, with voltage adjusters.

Despite the fact that my Celeron 800 could reach 1G, it is still 10% slower in cpumark when comparing to my 900Mhz T-bird.

Ok...just for giggles, I tried something.....

Celeron 600 @ 1035, 2.05v, 115 FSB -VS- P/// 600E @ 954, 1.95v, 159 FSB.

3DMark2000.....

Same rig, just swapped out the cpu. Asus P3C2000, 256 MB PC133, 3D Prophet II MX (GeForce2 32 MB).

Ran the benchmark, and got 5200+ with the P///, 3800+ with the Celeron.

I did this the other day, and didn't take screenshots. I will if you want me to.....

Mr B

And the Celley's turn...

I couldn't get 1045 Stable tonight....we're in the midst of a nice thunderstorm, and it's quite warm and humid. My ambiant temp is up a few higher than normal. This test was done at 1026 MHz, and the Celeron did a bit better tonight, than it did the other day....

It's still WELL off the P///....

Mr B

hey Mr. B I was wondering if you could send me that Intel Program....Looks like i could use it. Buying my Celeron II 800 tonight...Sweet.

Smoking scores Mr. B...

I am surprised to hear the celeron runs that well at such a high FSB...

I'm still a bit weary, but I won't give up on Intel quite yet!! Celeron 1Ghz? Nah, probably not (at least there's no mention on the roadmap).

Back