• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium II 400 Slot1 Will Not Oclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mainphrame

I am a total newb at oclockin. I am able to adjust CPU Clock, but there is nothing else in the bios that i know of that will adjust in favor of oclockin. CPU Clock adjustment has not sped up nor increased temp of cpu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Would love to help, but need a lot more info. Try giving a complete rundown on your system (mob, ram, periphs, os.....) :)

with intel chips they lock the multiplyer, this is what is used to get the cpu speed, some bios's and boards call it cpu bus ratio etc..
what happens is the motherboard sends information to the cpu at a given speed (66,100 or 133mhz for example) and the cpu multiplyes this clock speed to get the cpu speed, the only way to make an intel cpu faster is to increase the bus speed, which in your case is 100mhz at the moment, the bios may have options for this somewhere as long as it isn't an intel board but even then SoftFSB should let you overclock. You need to find out what board you have, if you don't know write down the serial number at the bottom of the screen when you first turn on and I will find out for you.

sorry for lack of sent info. I have the following: Win98,
Asus P2B mobo, 384 mg ram (pc133, sdram, simm "Micron"), HP 9200 cdr, Umax Astra 610 scanner, canon bjc5100 print, NEC MultiSyn XE17 monitor, Annihilator 2 GeForce2 vid card (64mg), ISA AOpen 56k modem, LinkSys NIC, SoundBlaster Live! Value. If there is more that you need lemme know. Thanks a Lot!
-mainphrame

It's been quite a while since I sold my P2B and I don't remember what options there were for a FSB over 100mhz but to OC you are going to have to increase the FSB. If you have 105 and 110 fsb settings try those and see what happens. You also may need to increase the cpu's voltage a little.

Yeah, try to increase your FSB. If you can't do it in your BIOS, try downloading CPU FSB from here. Increasing it too much may mess up some of your peripheral cards' performance and cause system instability

The P2B has jumpers. the bios won,t do anything for you the best I can get out of my pII 450 P2B is 502mhz. Good board, bad overclocker.

Back