• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help me o/c my intel processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_LSD_

this my spec:
p3 750 mhz/100 fsb
asus cusl2-c
256 visipro pc133
winfast geforce2 gts
i overclock my p3 750 to 900, and it runs stable, but my agp card only detect a 2x support, and please tell me how to unlock the multiplier set in p3 processor, please tell me how to o/c my p3 and still have my agp 4x ???
please =P

Welcome to the Forum

Bad news Im afraid.. Your Pentium 3 is multiplier locked and as far as im aware you are limited to overclocking by FSB only as the multiplier can not be unlocked.

Welcome to the forum...

I'm not sure how to OC the proc and still have 4X support, I would think it should be able to do it anyway. I can tell you this though.. the multiplier on the PIII cannot be unlocked, I'm afraid you're stuck with upping the fsb to overclock.

You also did not indicate what temps you're running... this can often cause all sorts of strange problems when overclocking. Lower temps will greatly increase your chances of having a higher overclock.

*edit* just missed Unseens post

why i cant get to 133 fsb ???, i'm now at 855 mhz and 37c vcore at 1.75, please help me

After checking out what Placid has recomended, you can raise core votage to your CPU but do not do it until you get your CPU cooler or you could fry it! 37C is to hot and if thats at idle your really in trouble when you play games. for now get better cooling as you have maxed your system out. If you get your temps down you very well may get more MHZ out of your PC. A cool PC is a happy PC For your own benifit please read the tips section on the front page there is allot of usefull info that will help you out quite a bit.

goodluck

Back