• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daegon

ok, so i'm building a WC Rig, and when i really get going i'll do a big picture mockup thing, and it'll be pretty but first i need a little help with some electrical engineering. very simple really.
All i want is to push the button on the case, which turns on the pump and fan in a seperate external cooling box (rad, pump, fan) and once the pump gets water flowing the power switch is switched and the computer starts up.
I'm sure its been done before but try as i might to find schematics for a circut to do that, i haven't been able to find anything.
diagrams are best.
thank you so much.

All you need is a relay. It'd turn on the comp and the pump simultaneously.

Need to know what parts you have, like AC or DC pump or fans that you want to power.

Yea... you dont really need to delay the boot up time unless you are using a pelt. Unless you are going with some sort of safe measure where the computer doesnt turn on unless the pump is on... If you want to pursue it, im sure the pelt people have a solution for you.

ooh, those radio shack relays are exactly what i was looking for.

Well here's the layout
This is all going into an external 9x9x6in box.
Heater core approx 7x7in
120v house fan
ViaAqua 1300
DD Maze 4

I've got sisters age 7 and 10 who regularly use my computer. Do I need to finish that thought? Leaving the pump and fan on all the time is not an option.

Last edited:
Back