• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Monitor uses BNC conectors HP A2094A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zeroxeal

Registered
i recently was given a hewlett packard A2094A, there old but nice 21 inch monitors. plans are to use it for soon to be finished unix computer.

it uses BNC connectors so that you can chain them, and in order for it to properly work you need to terminate the output.

my question would be, what kind of BNC terminator would i need, and does any one know how to make there own BNC terminators since there 5 bucks a pop on most websites(the ones were there cheaper look like the kind of site that charge you for 10 and mail you 3),

i need to either buy or make 5 of them , any and all help is appreciated.

I'm confused where as to where the terminators are supposed to go....

I have a Sony Multiscan 20se with BNC connectors.

I just bought a cable with a 15pin Dsub connector at one end, and five BNC connectors at the other.

Does your monitor have BNC output as well? Or is it the cable?

out put needs to be terminated other wise the image is garbled.

monitor has out put, there purpose is to be chained, like in air ports where 20 screens all around the air port need to display the same thing for flights or the like.

all i need to know would really be hot to make my own BNC terminators.

Last edited:
Just a heads up.. Make sure it isn't a fixed frequency monitor before you go spending money. I has an old hp20xxa monitor with BNC that was fixed frequency and only operated on it's designated video card.

BigAir said:
Just a heads up.. Make sure it isn't a fixed frequency monitor before you go spending money. I has an old hp20xxa monitor with BNC that was fixed frequency and only operated on it's designated video card.

alright

as for bnc network terminators yea thats what i need but id rather make them with resisters and a piece of coax than blow money, for the reason that as BigAIr said it might be a fixed frequncey.

im getting tempted to ebay this.

Back