• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

:D new folding beast.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

new_novice

:D well after much waiting, my dual Opteron finally arrived, I wonder how many points would I get out of this beast ... still putting them together as we speak :D.... I'll post pics once I'm done.

it's doing one of the P696 (70 pointer) in 6:29 per frame, about 43 hours to finish it. A p8385 (32 pointer) in 5:39 second per frame. And at stock, how far do you guys think a MSI 2 FAR will go?

that dual opteron you have seems to be TWICE as fast as my Athlon Duallie running at 2ghz. Gawd i wish i could get a rig like that! how much did ya spend on it, a pretty penny i assume....

Dissolved said:

does folding even use 64bit?

Not yet. I think they are working on a 64b version though.

New-Novice!

Sweet mother of thundering folding rigs, that dually is going to be sick, Sick, SICK!!!! Are you going to run 4 instances on it? Does your OS support HT? I can make a 4 instance One-Click if people start opening their wallets and throwing down for more duallies w/ HT enabled cpu's.

Great work, I'm sure those Opty's will pwn.

Wedo

Wedo said:

Not yet. I think they are working on a 64b version though.

New-Novice!

Sweet mother of thundering folding rigs, that dually is going to be sick, Sick, SICK!!!! Are you going to run 4 instances on it? Does your OS support HT? I can make a 4 instance One-Click if people start opening their wallets and throwing down for more duallies w/ HT enabled cpu's.

Great work, I'm sure those Opty's will pwn.

Wedo

I think there was a few request for a 4 instance,I use the 2 progy one if I know that they will be using a dial-up connection also.It may fold a bit slower but not everyone in this sleepy town spends half the day on the web.I have to say this again,I sure love that handy-dandy program! Great job on that Wedo,and keeping it current as well!!

Since when do Opteron's use HT? HT is an Intel thing so 2 instances would be best, perhaps 3 so when sending and receiving no CPU is idle.

new_novice said:
it's doing one of the P696 (70 pointer) in 6:29 per frame, about 43 hours to finish it. A p8385 (32 pointer) in 5:39 second per frame. And at stock, how far do you guys think a MSI 2 FAR will go?

SWEET :)
I was wondering when someone would throw one of those together.We should compare notes on the difference between yours and mine.I have a MP2800 mach @2400 apeice.I would like to know just how much more effective those Proc's are with the older chips.Be kinda neat and good info for others to look at.I will start writing down some times with proteins and see if we can cross a few.

LOL, sure Shadow let's do some testing. And I think I should be ok Wedo, since I have broadband it doesn't matter too much, I have 2 running on the rig already. I tested it with Command and Conquer last nite, pretty sweet I tell you. Before that I had a 2.5 Ghz T-bred hosting the game with my friend connecting and 4 AI on hard, it was chugging after a bit, but with this, no chugging at all (I did ran it at Oced 1.69). I'm letting run Prime95 right now since I Oced it last nite. Raised the FSB to 211. If some one could tell me how to figure the PCI bus conversion, I'd appreciate it, I would like to know at what FSB would I be running at 35 or 36 PCI bus. Don't wanna push too far you know.

Here's what came from Newegg:

1 MSI 2 FAR board
2 Opteron 242
2 2x512 OCZ 3200 ECC DRR

it's about almost 1500 bucks, I don't plan on upgrading anything for at least the next 2 years. I've been on the budget bus for the last 3 years, and looking back spending little at a time for 50 procs, 80 boards,..adds up. So I just bite the bullet for this one time.

Back